or Connect

Posts by brandywine

Whoooohoooo!! She is in, and has fallen asleep. She screamed again when I first put her in, so I dipped a pinky in some expressed milk and let her suck a few times until she was settled. Then I went about my chores for about twenty minutes, giving a slight bounce when she seemed restless and then she just conked out. Thanks so much! Hopefully we are on our way to babywearing bliss.
I've been trying various adaptations of the cradle hold. Today I tried the snuggle hold, and though she wasn't happy, she wasn't screaming bloody murder either. She is only just beginning to have head control, and with her head out of the wrap, she flops around more than I am comfy with, but putting her head inside really makes her mad. She arches her back and turns beet red and well...gets royally peeved. But, I think she was a bit hungy this morning when we gave it a go,...
I have a six week old baby who hates to be worn. I have tried her dozens of times in both a maya wrap sling and in a snugli style carrier. No matter how I adjust her in the maya wrap, she arches her back and screams until I take her out. In the snugly style carrier, her feet turn blue and then black within a matter of a few minutes...for some reason she just doesn't get good circulation in that position. I can't afford to buy anything else and I'm feeling discouraged. I...
I have been a lifelong nail biter, and have only recently quit. I did it by pinting my nails with glitter polish. I can't stand the grit against my teeth. I quit for a two year period several years ago, by wrapping each fingertip in a band aid. Maybe with kiddos you could get cool character bandaids or something.
Thanks for all the ideas! Yum. I'm really looking forward to the whole touchy feely/communal breaking bread aspect of this, lol. I have a nice little list going now and I'm up for the challenge. Thanks again
Hi guys, hoping I can get some suggestions here. Some friends of ours are going to be moving in with us for about a month or so while they get their real estate stuff squared away (old house sold, issues with new house). They are a family of five and we are a family of four plus newborn. It's going to be mainly my responsibility to do the cooking while they are here. I'm a little worried about cooking for such a large group. The only time I have ever cooked that much is...
We have loosely used TWTM for two years with my 5.5 yr old and 7 yr old. I love the way TWTM cycles through history and science chronologically three times through the course of 12 yrs. I also like some of the ideas re: narration, making a timeline, teaching logic etc. However, to do the entire program would be too much desk work for our family. We rent a couple of acres and I like the kids to spend a good part of each day outside exploring and being kids. We used Phonics...
Thanks for the advice, all. We haven't wanted to use a pacifier at all because of the ongoing stubborn thrush problems, and she won't take a finger when she's upset either. I'm already dairy free too, lol. But, thankfully, she had no problems nursing for comfort either yesterday or today...after three weeks of the same thing every day! Not sure what the difference has been but I think maybe it was thrush related, since it seemed to stop within 8 hrs of me taking 2...
I'm only a D, but my nipples really point downward so I have to support eith a hand just to see what I'm doing.
my baby is 4.5 wks old and for the past 3 weeks we/ve been having problems. Background: she has thrush, which we treated with gentian violet and then nystatin suspension. we're headed back to the doc today because it's still not gone and now I'm starting to have a lot of pain. when we treated w/gentian violet she had a bad reaction to it...her mouth looked lke raw hamburger and she wouldn't suck. I fed her expressed milk from a medicine dropper. her mouth is...