or Connect

Posts by brandywine

I attended a Lutheran church as a kid and young teen, MO synod, I think, and I think I started receiving communion around age 11, even though I never took conformation classes. I quit attending soon after, and dh and I have recently started attending an Evangelical Lutheran church. We became members and our kids were baptized on Easter Eve at ages 4 and 6. Now I’m expecting, and we plan to have the baby baptized as an infant. Our pastor promotes communion from baptism...
I've been thinking about putting together a little site for our family, with maybe a calendar or list of upcoming events/birthdays etc, famiy recipes, little articles about what different people are up to (and now an update on cousin Fred, the missionary in Tanzania...) and maybe an alphabetical listing of what children's books we already have, to help the grandparents make descisions at Christmas and birthdays. Pictures would be great too. Are there any free web hosting...
Hairy Fox! That's so funny! I once saw a t-shirt on it that had a mostly naked hairy dude planting some petunias. It read 'hairy potter.' OK, so maybe not Harry Fox. Can Henry be short for Harold? Harold Fox is starting to sound like 'hairy old fox' to me!
As far as family names go, I'm leaning toward Harold with the nickname Henry or Harry. I REALLY like Fox though. Fox Harold sounds bad.. Maybe Harold Fox. Thanks all!
Oh yeah, and I'm in Salem!
KatienDwayne and Evilgenius, you can come to my house!! We had a cool 'harvest festival' here last year, and I'm thinking I'll do it again this year but make it more Halloweeny. We had apples on strings, craft stations (corn husk dolls, birdfeeders...) organized games, and lots of spontaneous fun with my tire swing and other outdoor goodies. We served cider, carmeled apples, pumpkin bread, home made cookies, and lots of other treats, though we skipped the candy. The...
My kids wanted to read when they were four too. Actually, ds asked when he was three. So I taught them. I used Phonics Pathways from the library in a laid-back way. We made games out of learning the sounds, and then whole words...it was fun for us. I agree that a child doesn't need to read at age four, but hey, if you're into child-led learning, sometimes you have to get out of a kid's way and let her learn! I doubt there will be serious damage from teaching her to...
If it's a girl, she will be Maia Rachael (yep, I know it's misspelled, just like her auntie). We had planeed to use William Luther for a boy, but just found out that BIL is using William. We are out of boy name ideas. We can't have anything that begins with an A or R, and our last name begins with a K.....so we have to be careful of the initials ie Frederik Ulysses wouldn't work at all. We'd like to use a family name but they're all so OLD sounding. Any ideas on how...
Sending good thoughts your way , velveteen! Thanks for the congrats all, it helps alot with my being so far away from dh.
Just found out tonight! Approx due date is March 24. Hoping for a home waterbirth.