or Connect

Posts by JenChaffee

This is not exactly in the area you are talking of, but there is Gaia healing center in Mt. Airy.  http://www.gaiahealing.com/   They don't take insurance.  However, for me, they fill out the paperwork which I send to my insurance company who reimburses me for some of it.
Does anyone know about this form?   I am looking into having my kids start preschool in a year.  The preschool we are talking with says they use form OCC 1215 which replaces the use of form DHMH 896.  On DHMH 896, it looked straightforward to claim religious exemption.  On OCC 1215, there is no obvious way to claim religious exemption.    Since preschools are not public here, do they have to honor a religious exemption claim?    I appreciate any input!
The things I have to look forward to!  Mine are 21 months.  However, it is reassuring to hear that this is common.  One of mine has started having tantrums.  And bedtime has turned into an unpleasant fight that goes on for almost 2 hours some nights.  I notice that they are much better behaved for DH or their au pair.  I had been starting to think I had screwed something up somewhere along the way!   Ugh!  I am already tired of the screaming fits.  It sounds like...
I'm also relatively new to being a stepmother (married 3years, living together for 1yr before that, dating a couple yrs before that).  I am realizing that I may never feel like I am anything other than "new" to being a stepparent.  Similar to PP, I have been reading lately.  I had sunk to quite a low a few months ago.  It removes such a huge burden to realize that I am neither evil nor crazy ... that my emotions are quite normal.  It also makes me feel so much more...
A few days ago, my 20 month old had a fever.  It lingered for a couple of days.  Then on Monday afternoon, it began spiking.  It would go up and she would be lethargic and sad for a half hour or so.  Then it would come back down and she would be cheerful.  An hour after she went to bed, she was crying.  Her fever was up to 104.  DH is very uncomfortable with fevers over 104.  He ran out to CVS and got some infant tylenol and gave it to her twice that night.  A few days...
Thank you!  I have lots of reading to do.  The more I am thinking about homeschooling, the more excited I am becoming.
I have 18 month old twins.  I have been coming to MDC since I was pregnant, but never came to the Education forum.  We made it through the pregnancy and birth.  We are surviving the parenting of multiples. It now strikes me that I should start considering the future as well as the here and now.  I have a couple of years before they are school age, but I am busy enough with simple survival and working part-time that researching and making decisions of such import will...
Here's my story.  I have been married for 2.5 years, and a significant part of DH's life for 6 years.  We have 1.5 year old twins.  DH is 11 years older than I, and he started early.  He married the woman who he got pregnant because it was the right thing to do.  They then had more kids because "having a more complete family" would fix an unhappy marriage.  His kids are now 20, 18, and 15.  I joined the picture too late to really take on a "parent" role.   The 18...
A fun one I get is this.  When out in the side-by-side stroller, I occasionally get a baffled look and the question, "What is the age difference?"  (My twins are not identical, but similar enough that they are obviously related. They are now 17 months old.)  My reply is "About 15 minutes".  The look sometimes becomes more baffled, until I say, "They are twins".  Sometimes, the look becomes even more baffled, until I say, "They are not identical".  Finally, all confusion...
I had mine in Howard a year and a half ago.  It wasn't too bad.  Over the phone, they had told me to expect that the babies would have to be undressed to verify sexes, but once at the Health Dept, no one ever asked.  I had some documentation from doctors that I had seen before I decided on the HB, and that was sufficient proof of pregnancy.   The most painful part was that the person I needed to talk to was incredibly difficult to get in touch with, and she never...