or Connect

Posts by maribudlo

This sounds just like my DD. She's now 22 months old, and there has been improvement. I was going crazy, I can empathize with you. My DD didn't learn to side lie nurse with me lying all the way down so I could also sleep until she was 11 months, and then it even took a while. She tossed and turned and didn't like to be touched at all. She still doesn't really like to be touched unless it's under her conditions, and she still moves around WHEN she has the room. We put...
my daughter and son are 15 months apart, and we had really similar problems when i was hugely pregnant and have since our son was born three months ago. here are the things that have helped us out: we wake up earlier now, between 6 and 6:30 am, and we have a solid routine--we get ready and dressed (leisurely) and get dressed before we head downstairs, then we have breakfast at about 8:30. this might sound silly, but before my son was born, we'd wake up when we woke up...
i LOVE how so many of you moms say "please" when you're yelling on this thread. PLEASE STOP WHINING. IT'S NIGHTTIME, WE NEED TO BE RESPECTFUL AND LET EVERYONE SLEEP. DADDY HAS TO GET UP VERY EARLY, AND YOUR BABY BROTHER WILL WAKE UP SOON IF YOU DON'T BE QUIET. PLEASE, PLEASE (and here i feel like i'm begging) PLEASE GET MY ATTENTION BY CALLING ME MOMMOM AND JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!!! CRYING DOESN'T LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, JUST THAT YOU WANT...
i can sympathize and i have no advice. i need some, though. i just had my second child in august, and my dd was 16 months old when he was born. she's always been a poor sleeper, waking up and moving ALL around during sleep. we started a strict bedtime routine at about 7 months, bath, teeth, books, breast, bed, but both my partner and i, after months of trying, had no success in getting her to get herself to sleep, so we would rock her down. my partner could do it...
My DD (15 months) would go on the potty at 10 and 11 months, and since then has quit. I've been trying for three months to get her back on, and she's not having it. BUT, two days ago and again today I sat on the floor and put a prefold on the floor in between my legs and I asked her if she needed to go pee pee when it looked like she did. I told her she could come sit by me and go pee pee, and she came over, I cued her (ours is a pssssss sound) and she peed! I caught...
I agree about the water intake. My dd's (14 months) poops aren't as easy when she doesn't drink enough water. On days when she's not in a water mood (she usually is, and I feel lucky about that) I REALLY water down rice milk, soy milk or juice, and she gobbles it up. I usually do one part of something to four or five parts water. I've never had her on straight juice, so she doesn't really know it's watered down...I guess it's more like flavored water. Another thing,...
I agree with hrsmom that she might be striking anyway. I started with my daughter when she was nine months, and ten and eleven months were very successful. I swear she stopped ON her birthday, turned a year and will NOT go on the potty. She hated it for a while, and now she likes it again, but she won't go on it. She goes right after on the floor or waits for me to put a diaper on her and then goes and complains because her diaper is wet. I have no idea what to do to...
I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried feminine cloth/mama pads/cloth feminine hygiene pads with tiny undies as trainers. It seems like you wouldn't need a cover unless you were going out, and that the undies would just pull down and right back up again, most of the undie would still be breathable (and totally breathable if you weren't using a leak-proof lining type pad), and there would be no re-folding of prefolds or straightening out of inserts or soakers. I just...
I'd be down to buy a couple myself. I like the idea of self-publishing, too, I'd never thought of that. Good luck.
Name: Mari Partner: Rae's dad EC'd babe(s): daughter Raelyn (born April 28, 2008) EC'ing since: February/March 2009 Other kids (+ages): due with a boy in August 2009 Diapers (use 'em? what sort? how often?): Cloth, prefolds with covers usually. Rae's dad doesn't do cloth, so when he changes its disposables. We go diaperless as often as possible, but she's just started walking and becoming more independent, and I've "found" a few misses, so mostly we're diaperless...