or Connect

Posts by kitikatuka

My sincerest thanks to you both for your thoughts and ideas. My sister is in agreement that it needs to stop but the things she has been doing have not been working. I do tell the cousin to stop (as does my sister) but I think our approach needs to be much stronger. I also need to keep them within sight & hearing -- I've gotten lax there. We've only recently moved to be close to family - including this cousin - so this is a new situation for everyone. Thank you again for...
Hi all - I need some advice. My dd is 2 (she'll be 3 at the end of September) and has a cousin who is 4 who often will taunt/tease dd (not sure if 'taunt' is quite right). For example: today she came over licking an ice cream cone to where dd was playing and said, "C! Do you want some ice cream? Grandma only has two ice cream cones so you have to have a bowl. Only me and Joe get one." (this type of thing is a very common scenario: she'll show something to dd, then tell dd...
This is very common. My dd also went through a sudden onset stuttering starting around 2.5. The speech language pathologist we spoke with gave us some general guidelines - first, slow way down your speech; do not tell her to "slow down", instead allow her to finish what she is trying to say - get down to her level, smile, listen, and wait - avoid finishing her words for her. It is common for it to come and go - so you may notice that she stops for a week or a month, and...
95% or more!
I would love to win one of these great carriers! My husband only occasionally wears our baby - I think making sure the carrier is available in a bigger size to fit bigger men would help. Also very neutral color options and seeing advertising that features men would be huge.
There are some great ideas already, but thought I'd share a few recipes for hearty snacks which you may like! For some reason, all my favorites today are oat or oatmeal based - must be something about a cold winter day!   Oat and Banana bars   Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars This one is nice because the base recipe has no added sugar, and it's one of those recipes that you can add anything to (nuts, coconut, dried fruit...).    Also, a simple oatmeal recipe that...
Thanks so much for the thoughts on holds, everyone! I may experiment with the cradle hold, just to see how it works and if we like it - especially since I think that may make nursing in the Moby possible, but am glad to hear many of you used the hug hold/belly to belly with your newborns, since that is what I'm most familiar with.
Hey NaturalTXMama, I have a used Kangaroo Korner fleece pouch if you're interested. It was originally my sister's and she gave it to me, but it didn't quite work for me and my DD, so we only used it a few times. It's in great shape - I'm not sure how much she used it. It's a moss green color - I'll need to check the specific details on handedness and size, but I'm almost certain it's a small and we're both right handed, so... If you're interested, PM me and I can get you...
I'm at 39 weeks, 4 days here and feeling just so ready! I want to meet this little guy! I'm having increasing BH and am currently experiencing a period-like constant crampy feeling...but I may have to just pee... I had my last scheduled prenatal visit yesterday (and was a little bummed to have to schedule one more next week) and the baby is definitely very low, but I turned down the cervical check -- I just don't think knowing if I am dilated and how much will make the...
Hello everyone! My baby is due very soon (anytime!) and I'm hoping to wear him a lot in the Moby. I didn't start wearing my older daughter in a Moby until she was a few months old and we always used the hug hold -- we both liked it and I found it very comfortable. So I'm thinking I'll use the newborn hug hold to start with, but in reading the directions, it sounds like the baby goes into the "pocket"/open seam on one side -- which is a little different from the hug hold I...