or Connect

Posts by kitikatuka

Like a lot of you, our freezer just isn't big enough to hold much more than a casserole or two, so finding some good and hearty crock pot recipes is my goal...so will be watching this thread closely! I'm just stupid when it comes to cooking and really need directions! Does anyone here have a favorite crock pot recipe book? I prefer recipes without canned ingredients like cream of whatever soups and canned beans and such. Those dinners you mention, mistymama, sound great -...
For those of you who are making/planning to use witch hazel soaked frozen pads (which do sound wonderful), are you using washable cloth pads or the disposable ones? I'd like to try this, but want to make sure I'm doing it right!
I also failed my 1 hour test (I did the nicer "breakfast diet" instead of the orange drink) but got a 144 (with a cut off of 135). Went for the 3 hour test yesterday and was told no food after midnight and only sips of water beforehand. It really is a horrible test for pregnant women to have to go through! I arrived at 8:30am, and couldn't eat, drink, and was told to basically sit still until 12:15. I was a wreck by the end, fought off waves of nausea, and felt just awful...
Thank you, corban's mum -- this is actually extremely helpful and you have given me some great positive ways of looking at this (or any small worry that might pop up): I can cope, and have some blind faith. I like both of those things -- both are true and will help! Many thanks to you!
Hey there mamas - I need some help. I am having some trouble dealing with fears of hemorrhoids appearing on my birthing day. This happened to me with my DD's birth -- I had no major problems with them all throughout my pregnancy, and then when my labor started, they appeared. I was *so* uncomfortable because of them during the entire labor -- you'd think you wouldn't notice with everything else going on, but I did. Even sitting on the birthing ball was so uncomfortable...
We'll be writing a birth plan -- we did for our first baby's birth and found that it did help during our time at the hospital (when we checked in, the nursing staff knew who we were and what we wanted and offered us our choice of rooms that would be best for that) and was read by the nurses and, if nothing else, it's a great place to start thinking about what you want your birth experience to be like, and you do get into some details that would have never occurred to me...
I also have some anxiety about the birth -- this is my second, so my anxieties are heightened knowing what's coming, but also, I'm a SAHM to a (will be then) 25 month old, and I worry about being home with her and going into labor...things going quickly when we live 40 minutes from the hospital and from DH...things like that. One thing that really has helped me is to listen to the birthing affirmations (I'm doing Hypnobirthing and the program comes with a handy CD of...
I've also been dealing with nausea, too. My OB told me it was most likely heartburn presenting as nausea, and she recommended Pepsid AC. It does not always work...or maybe I just don't take it soon enough, but for the last few episodes, it does help. Ask your doc(s) if this might be the case for you.
I haven't been here a lot lately, so I might have missed where you posted if you're having a girl or a boy, but I just wanted to say that I love the name Ren -- I actually had a co-worker named Ren -- a male. I hadn't ever heard the name before but it totally intrigued me. I like the sound of Ailish Ren over Roan. When I hear Aniston, I immediately think of Jennifer Anniston...that aside, Aniston as a first name is kinda cool! I really like the idea of the nickname "Ani"....
It's your piriformis muscle, which is deep in your butt, and can hurt terribly when you move around. I had it with my first pregnancy, and it almost crippled me for a couple of months, but it did go away, once my belly "popped". This time, I have been experiencing it on and off (and my belly has definitely popped) since fairly early on. My OB recommended sitting on a tennis ball (or a super ball), finding the spot where it hurts, and sitting/pushing/rolling on that spot....