or Connect

Posts by kitikatuka

Quote: Originally Posted by kittywitty Also-just plain great northern beans (I add bay and s&p to mine) in the crockpot eaten with cornbread or just plain homemade bread. That's pretty much what I was raised eating-my grandma was very poor. This is a great thread! I'd love to use my crock pot more -- especially this summer. Hey kittywitty -- or anyone else! -- can you share a recipe to make relatively plain pinto beans in the crock pot? We have...
lairaja - I had similar trouble finding babybunching. I'm not sure why, but this URL will take you there: http://www.babybunching.com/ And - thank you for the advice!
Thanks bubbledumpster! I've spent two happy days (okay - more like two little stretches of time) on babybunching.com. What a great resource - perfect! - thanks so much for sharing!
This is all very helpful -- especially hearing how you've done things, Nicole, and also hearing that there just may not be any good, appropriate (especially for this young age) books that deal with such topics. If anyone else would like to share how they've worked some things out with their little ones, I am all ears here!
I'm having a baby in October and my DD will be 25 months old when the new one arrives. I'm a SAHM and I love it and think I'm doing a good job, but as things progress, I'm starting to freak out thinking about being outnumbered, without a free hand to do anything (even with the little one in a sling), about getting a 2 year old down for a nap with a newborn in my arms...about getting the baby down for a nap with a 2 year old running around. I've been searching for a...
My daughter is almost 20 months. We started seeing signs around maybe 10 months, but she didn't have a lot, but by 13 months, she was signing around 25-30 words, and it has increased a bit since, although as she got older, and had no words at all, we stopped actively working on signs, and tried to focus on verbal language. At her 15 month checkup, she had ONE word: mama. We were pretty happy after going so long waiting for anything. The ped was not worried, saying 1-4...
Ugh -- sciatica is the worse! With my last pregnancy I had something similar - it wasn't sciatica, but was my piriformis muscle (located in your butt) and was SO painful that I couldn't walk easily. I tried sitting on heating pads and stretching but could never get it to go away. Finally, my belly popped and that seemed to shift things just enough to relieve it. You're very smart to be going to the chiropractor - I didn't make a big enough deal of it to get anyone's...
Quote: Originally Posted by JessieBird My favourite is this bird mobile. That is beautiful! I was just thinking about a mobile for the new little, although I didn't think about *making* one until now! And handsewing -- I can do that...well, in theory I can do that. This could be a really fun project for the summer. Otherwise, I haven't thought of anything to make - I love crafting (when time allows), but I mostly make tiny paper sculptures,...
No clue what the pop culture reference might be, but I hear it as a shortened version of Olivia. I recently met a toddler named "Liv" and absolutely love that...but that immediately made me think of Liv Tyler. Ditto what lach (above) said about people thinking you are saying "Olivia". Everyone thinks I'm saying "Karen" when I say my DD's name is "Caris". I'm trying hard to enunciate that S at the end.
We had our ultrasound this morning and it's a BOY! Hey - I was right this time My first thought was, "omg - I don't know how to raise a boy!"