or Connect

Posts by marcib28

I have had 2 natural hospital births. I simply used a midwife that delivered at the hospital. My husband wasn't comfortable with me having my babies at home or a birthing center (which, I suppose he ended up being justified as I was rushed to the operating room after my first was born). The number one thing I would say to do is to find out what options your hospital offers. If you are constantly having to fight for everything you want, you are not going to have a...
Hey mamas. I do a delayed/selective vaccine schedule with my kids. I LOVE my ped right now (Partners in Pediatrics). They have never once challenged my choices with vaccines for my kids. It's been great. However, they're going to be over an hour away once we move up to Loveland (east side, right outside Johnstown). So, I'd prefer to find a ped that is open to doing delayed vaccine schedules up there. Someone in Greeley, Loveland, etc. I'd even go up to Ft Collins if I...
I second the Center for Midwifery at the University of Colorado Hospital Outpatient Pavilion. I've had both my kids with them and used them for general women's care in between. I love them!!   ETA-they also have a practice in the Stapleton area if that's any closer...
DD id 5w now. She's had awful reflux for a few weeks now, which is causing some colic issues. I've ruled out anything diet-related (I was basically living on bread and water at one point). Her pediatrician told me to try gripe water. However he told me to give her 1-2 oz once or twice per day. That seems SO off to me though. The whole bottle is only 4 oz. I would say maybe he misspoke, but he wrote it down for me too...So I thought I'd ask here-has anyone ever heard of...
I'm dealing with the strangest situation that I REALLY need help with! My 23mo had athlete's foot a while back, but we thought it was excema. I'm now realizing I think it's athletes foot...I'm almost 38 weeks pregnant and started taking baths with ds about 2 weeks ago. Right about the same time I ended up with a yeast infection that I'm treating with Monistat and acidophilus (I stopped taking baths with him over a week ago). DS ended up with a yeast infection about a...
Where do I get acidophilus? That's refrigerated too, right? If I take those, do I need to take probiotics too? Sorry for all the questions. I never dealt with this my last pregnancy and have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks for your help!
Thanks for the help. I talked to my midwife today and she said there's no way the baby can get thrush even if I have a vaginal yeast infection at time of delivery (I guess my water breaking would clear it all out). That doesn't seem right. but because she feels that way, she didn't see a need to prescribe Diflucan. I'm frustrated because I've just been told to continue on with my Monistat. So, I guess I'll be trying whatever I can on my own... Quick question...
Hey mamas. I'm more of a browser than anything on here, so I'm sorry many of you don't know me. I've followed the DDC over the months and thank you all so much for all your posts!! I need some help and value your opinions. I have gotten 3 yeast infections this pregnancy (1 of those right now) and am SOO sick of it!! More than anything, I'm terrified that I will end up having one when I deliver (I'm 37 weeks today) and then I'll have to possibly deal with thrush issues ...
I only have a ring sling, which I actually wish I knew how to use better than I do, but maybe just want a new carrier. Since you seem to have experience with quite a few, which do you like most?
20 weeks today ...I think. My due date has changed twice and I don't remember which due date my calendar is based off of anymore... so I'm 20 weeks, give or take  a few days :\ My big ultrasound is on Thursday, so I get to find out what I'm having. I'm SOO excited! Although I hate that u/s so much! It's always so long for me since DH's side has so many major heart and spine defects that they check for. Otherwise, everything's going well. I still get morning sickness...