or Connect

Posts by Toteblume

Hi ladies, Okay, after a recent m/c I've come to believe I may be pregnant again (haven't had period since d&c; that was July 30; had unprotected sex once since). My partner wants nothing to do with having children, so I am thinking about doing this alone--not even telling him (I am 100 percent he wouldn't want to be involved). I have a great job and benefits, but lack much or anything in way of family support. I've been looking for a job back in CA, where I have...
I think you may really be most angry at yourself. I understand...I felt the same way for a long time. I was angry because I am a smart, beautiful, educated, life-loving woman who consistently chose men that didn't or couldn't live up to expectations. Not that I am better than anyone--I am not, but I seemed to always end up with selfish, arrogant, unloving, even sarcastic or abusive partners. Somewhere during my last marriage, after years of trying to make my life what...
I'm happy to hear you want what's best for your children. I wish I hadn't moved, but at the time, it seemed like my only option. About moving expenses...that's a wise decision. I was not so wise and agreed to take on all the travel costs. Since December, I have spent well over $10,000 on flights alone, not counting meals, fuel, parking, etc. And XH makes about twice as much as I do! I do hope things go as well as possible for you. Keep a level head, and watch out...
Quote: Originally Posted by Isamama I hear you there! As for me....Peace. Spending peaceful time with myself and peaceful time with my daughter. And I like the fact that my hair is growing back in and my jaw doesn't ache in the morning (from clenching my teeth while I sleep). Oh, my goodness...you must have been through so much! I'm not a big "hugger," but I here you go...
Hi there, I'm going through something similar and I've learned that legally, it is usually the burden of the parent who moves away from the child's hometown to prove that forcing the child to move (or undergo excessive travel) is in the best interest of the child. Of course, this isn't written in stone, but from what I've learned (and god have I seen a LOT of lawyers), it nearly is. So, you don't have to move. But... In my situation, I am the one that moved...
Who, sounds like you've been through a lot. (And by the way, this guy's name doesn't happen to be Luis, does it?) Anyhow, I think you should contact the family law facilitator in your county, or, if you can afford it, an attorney. I've used the bar association in California to receive very low cost consultations with good lawyers who always gave me more than the half hour appointment allotted. I'm guessing you and your ex are young, and if that is the case, I would...
My divorce was final November 2007 and I have only now allowed myself to feel the grief of loss. I am surprised to find myself ruminating over the "good times," and mourning--sometimes to a deeper level than I thought possible--the loss of my hopes and dreams. However sorrowful and bittersweet these moments are for me, I have come to understand that it I couldn't really move on until I accepted and simply felt the pain of this loss. In trying so hard to be strong I...
Hey Terrainthailand: Home is the Bay Area in northern California...I'm up to ten resumes in three days...hoping to put out more. Something has to work out. I am desperate to get back and create a new and happy life! Besides, living with my ex-fiance is becoming untenable, and I lack the guts and heart to kick him out (though I want to very badly).
Quote: Originally Posted by terrainthailand Good luck to everyone! I've applied to roughly seven jobs over the course of the month. For most of them I am expecting a lengthy processing time... I hate the waiting to find out if you've been short-listed... and I really hate the fact that if you aren't shortlisted you don't even get contacted. One day you just realize that you must not be in the running as it has been 6 months since you applied. Of...
As a mom to a teenage boy and younger daughter I understand what your concerns are. What is your son's dedicated to the task? Is he reluctant or eager? If he's reluctant, that doesn't necessarily mean it won't work, but you may have to offer more in the way of training and/or incentives for him to do a good job. What is your son's attention span. Is he likely to be distracted or wander from the task at hand? What is the longest amount of time you'll be away? I...