or Connect

Posts by etoilech

We're finally moving from Switzerland to Nova Scotia in Novemeber(I am from NS originally). I am hoping to meet some others in the area with small children. We have three a seven year old boy, a four year old girl, and a one year old boy. Our kids will be attending the local French school. We have a house in the Lunenburg area. I just wanted to get some contacts ready to meet other mums in the area. I have lots of friends in the city, but not so many out where...
we say they are two then call the reservations desk to explain.
We fly from Europe to America twice yearly with three kids. My top tips: - bribery. For us it's potato chips. Pick your poison. I am a bad mum. I use them like doggy treats when traveling. It works. - let her run around as much as possible before boarding. My kids roll a ball around and chase it. Whatever works. Racing in an out of the way area works too. Anyone who gives you any lip, ask would they rather have at the gate or ON THE PLANE?". Yeah, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by GearGirl Hi everyone, I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but my dh has CP. I always think it would be helpful for others to hear about an adult, but i know I could be wrong. From what I know from my MIL (who has passed away), he slept most of his first year and definitely was very delayed in sitting, crawling (i'm pretty sure he never crawled, just scooted) and he took his first few steps alone at about 4 years...
Our son Erik has CP (spastic diplegia) he is mild/moderate. He walks with a walker and crutches (four prong). He's had PT from birth. He has had OT since 18 months. We has both twice weekly. He has had botox and serial casting. This January he will likely undergo a SDR (selective dorsal rhizotomy) to reduce the tone in his legs and help prevent deformities. It is is legs that are affected and he has issues with spasicity/hypertonia. Of course this is leading to...
We're at three kids and I am hoping to have a fourth. Some days more than others. Mine are 6 (boy), 3 (girl) and 9 months (boy). I love my kids and I really don't feel done yet, but I am a bit leery of being a four kid family. Why can't they make a normal sized car for 6 people? This is a big problem. Not so much now b/c we live in Switzerland and can (and DO) use public transport, but we're planning a move to rural Nova Scotia (Canada). A reliable and spacious...
Re: voliding your insurance. Honestly, if they took it that far, i'd get lawyer. Seriously, it's not like you were endangering your kids or anyone else. We live in Switzerland. We have family in the USa and a house and more family in Canada. We will likely move to Canada in the coming years. We have Swedish, AMerican and Swiss seats. I will not be replacing them. Firstly, we have rearfacing Swedish seats (till 25 kg) and I will not be replacing them. Why? Because...
Yeah I tried the "suffocation" thing too. lol Pulling him into the breast. It totally didn't work he thought that was hysterical. Well I gave him Tylenol and a small bag of frozen peas to maybe help his mouth. I let him chew and sit I pumped my milk and then offered the breast (to stimulate let down). he bit. I am so done. I am just so upset. I continued to pump my milk and pumped 100ml (about 3 oz) put it in our only bottle and he sucked it back, like it was...
Quote: Originally Posted by pbjmama I would go ahead with the pain meds for both of you! I also wonder if your milk is decreasing? If he latches and pulls it could be to stimulate a let down? What do you think? I am sure my milk *is* decreasing because we nurse so infrequently now. I thought about him wanting to stimulate a let down. I am tense (as I am sure you can imagine), b/c now I just expect it. This is just so depressing. I really...
My little guy is nearly 9 months and he bites every single time we nurse. Hard. At the beginning. He latches then pulls and BITES. I am at the END of my rope. My breasts are sore and hot. I've tried saying no and putting him down when he does it. I've yelped, b/c... well, darn it, it HURTS. I've tried not reacting. I am so upset. This is my third child. My other two did bite, but they stopped when I said no and put them down. The was the end of it. My other...