or Connect

Posts by etoilech

Quote: Originally Posted by avivaelona They may insist that you keep the baby in the hospital for 48 hours for observation or may want to give the baby antibiotics. You can refuse and take the baby home AMA but in some places this is one of those things where they have called CPS on people for taking the child out of the hospital. There is no valid reason for keeping a baby longer than 12 hours for monitoring. I can't believe they would do...
Quote: Originally Posted by StarMama or have to have baby stay 48 hours otherwise (is that the standard? I need to ask for my facility but from what I'm reading that's what it seems like) as I'd really like to get to leave as soon as possible after birthing as I can convince them to let me go (I'd worry about signing baby out AMA) and I'd like to go in as late in labor as possible (and not have to worry about showing up in enough time to get the...
Quote: Originally Posted by League_mama What is the European take on this? They're so much more supportive of non-invasive birth experiences... Well Europe is a big place, with lots of countries that all have their own protocol regarding GBS. Here in Switzerland we do not routinely test for GBS. We look for risk factors around labour and generally monitor and inform parents on what to look for. (I am a student midwife) I can give you the...
I echo Bernie's post, except I live in Bern and the English here is more hit or miss. French tends to be a better bet if you don't speak SWISS German. Switzerland has it's good and bad like everywhere, but overall with a 3.5 year old... I think you'd enjoy it. Lots of fun stuff to do and see in Switzerland. Oh kindergarten here does not generally start till five-ish. They do have lots of local playgroups "spielgruppe" (where you leave a child for a morning or an...
They do, unfortunately, just not in America. When I was hospitalized for PTL with my son at 27 weeks, I was cared for by high-risk midwives that work very closely with ob/gyns in our local maternity hospital. They ran me epsom salt baths, made me warm lavender compresses for my belly to help calm the contractions, gave me Valerian root tea at night to help me sleep. They also administered all the tocolytics, monitored my son via dopper and CTG, gave me my heparin...
-you have no idea what your pubic area looks like anymore. Who are these women who can shave or use depilation creme? I'd be afraid to risk it... -cooking dinner is really hard b/c you can barely reach the counter to chop or prep anything. In addition we have a granite counter top and apparently it's too cold for the baby's taste... it starts kick *every time* my belly touches it. -it's easier to scoot around on your bum on the floor to reach something than get up, go...
I wore a yoga tank with a sports bra built in. Kind of a glamourmom style. It worked out pretty well. I took my underpants off when I went in the pool.
We won't be vaxing. We revisit our decision at least once a year to re-evaluate and make sure we still feel this is the right way to go. My daughter is totally unvaxed, but we my give her a few. We're still learning and reading and weighing the options. I understand both sides of the argument. I feel both have valid points. It's a tough decision, for any parent.
Not worth the energy. If this were someone who was being railroaded or someone you close to you I'd say gently inform, but this sounds like it's really not worth your energy. It's hard to let go. I know. Really though she's made her decision, her body, her baby.
Hey, job interview? Fail. I am sorry you had to listen to that garbage.