or Connect

Posts by etoilech

Cervical cap/condom and I use a Baby Comp to monitor fertility along with montioring my CM.
Quote: Originally Posted by Marylizah If you become a naturalized American, you have to renounce your other citizenships. If you are born an American citizen you can also be citizen of another country. You should be able to register your DC with the Mexican Embassy to get their Mexican citizenship attested to. I live on the US /Mexican border and I can assure you it is possible to have both! No, you do not. My mum just became a naturalized...
Quote: Originally Posted by USAmma From what I understand the US does not officially recognize dual citizens. My dh is an immigrant from India, now a US citizen, and they made him choose US and renounce his Indian citizenship. That does not mean that another country would not recognize dual citizenship, such as Mexico, but the US won't recognize it. It doesn't matter that the USA doesn't recognize it, they (the USA) can't take your citizenship...
I'd get in touch with the Mexican Embassy and ask about what paperwork you have to file for citizenship. I am fairly certain our friends have both Mexican and US citizenship, but I don't remember how they did it.
Quote: Originally Posted by EVC Just curious: How old is he? Does he attend a local (French) school? Because that is often when the problems start: when they reach school age and begin reading, speaking, and learning in the majority language all day long their proficiency in the minority language (even if BOTH parents speak it at home) often starts to slip and sometimes begins to fail them entirely. This totally not been my experience. We...
We are French-Canadian and Swiss. We have the additional fun of having German as an added language to worry about... My son's name is Erik Olivier I love the name Olivier, but it was far too close to my own name. Too much confusion.
I suppose it depends on the midwife. My midwife does them, but some may be hesitant... especially since you may be in the early stages of labour..
Quote: To whom it may concern, I am a student midwife, living in Switzerland. I am originally from Nova Scotia and it pains me terribly to know that women in Nova Scotia have little or no chance to have the choice of having a midwife attend their pregnancy and birth. I would love to come home to Nova Scotia once I finish my qualification and practice, but I fear a lack of support from the medical community. I applaud the move to implement services at the...
I'm just about to prepare lunch but, I wanted to recommend a book that helped me very, very much with my rather severe SPD and pelvic instability: http://www.amazon.com/Relieving-Pelv...5104899&sr=8-1
Quote: Originally Posted by bmcneal that sometimes people never dilate? I was talking to a nurse about my pregnancy with DD, and she said sometimes people just never dilate and always need a c-section. I'm wondering if there' any truth at all in it? I've also heard it from other people who said they had to have c-sections because they couldn't dilate (with multiple pregnancies). Except in rare medical circumstances, this is BS. When a woman...