or Connect

Posts by ellemenope

I was just thinking about this today. How do you help a toddler figure this out. The whole "I am you, and you are I" thing justs sounds ridiculous to me as I hear it coming out of my mouth. I still remember the first time DD said "You want momma." She probably uses '"I" and "You" correctly 75% right now, but I have actually noticed it a bit more lately. Like, maybe as she is expanding her vocabulary and fluency she is making this mistake more. Maybe making up a...
With the laptop you should do very well. I have flown at least 20 flights with my now 21 month old alone. Never with a laptop. I am jealous. Just have a good attitude. Make it fun and exciting for baby. Let her run around in the terminal. Try to get her to nap on the plane. Make sure you bring fave blankie/lovey. (duh) With the head cold. uh... Be careful. A couple flights ago I had a minor sinus thing going on and on the way up I noticed i couldn't clear...
I still wear my 21 month old in the ergo to nap. It takes about 10 minutes for her to fall asleep then I just lay her down in our bed and undo the straps. She only sleeps for about 45 minutes. So, I know how you feel. DD is sooo not a good napper. If she had her way she would go go go until about 6:00 and come to me to fall asleep in my arms within seconds (She has done this a number of times on busy days). And, she has also gone all day without a nap and been...
I have a 21 month old sweet little girl. This seems to be a really hard age to find clothes that do not have a clear gender message. Even the polos for girls are 'girly'. And, I won't even go into the things they print on the shirts now. Well, I am sure you know. I try to block all that out. My DD loves dinosaurs and tigers. She is not in balet. She doesn't even know what a princess is. She likes pink, but she also loves orange to death right now. She would...
Well, we have been finding little specs of crayon in the poo. Probably not your specs, but just an example of benign things that wind up in the kidos' diapers.
The baby bjorn (your first link. The one your son keeps pulling off) is by far the best bib I ever bought. We have 2 now and threw out all others. They are just the best as far as cleanup and durability. Better than the kiddopatomus knock-off, too. I have found all others to be just yucky. That being said, DD pulls off the bib as well. um... welcome to toddlerhood?
We used a da vinci mini crib. Eventually took off one side and converted it into a side car. It was a setup to die for. I miss it.
Well, after rereading this thread I think I have come to the conclusion that DD is a strong visual learner. In fact, I think she might have a conspicuously large disparity between her visual and aural intelligences. And, it is my personal hypothesis that this is what caused her huge "language explosion". She had a large vocabulary early on, but it was strictly receptive. Once her aural skills caught up, so to speak, she was just able to take off. It was like...