or Connect

Posts by SpringRain

Congratulations!!
My son came home from Ethiopia at about 6 months old and he had feeding issues too. He was terrified that there wasn't going to be enough food and would cry and demand a bottle every time he woke up even if he had just had one 10 minutes before. He always finished his bottle and food even if it made him throw up because he seemed to be afraid he wouldn't get more and needed to stock up. He was a big baby, 95% for height and weight. After talking about it, DH and I decided...
Quote: 1. Do you homeschool? (YES or NO, please... I guess you can answer Other but I can't use your data for my project.) No. Both of my school aged children are in the local charter school. Quote: 2. On average, how many hours a week do your kids spend in structured "extracurricular" activities? (You know... sports, lessons, out-of-school classes. I need a number of hours, not a range. You can respond per each child if the answers...
Not an issue for us at home since we park in our heated garage but I'm another shorty that does the best I can when I'm leaving work and find a foot of snow on my roof. Here it is also mandatory that you shovel off your license plate and many people conveniently forget that fact too! Great snow tip: Pull your windshield wipers up off the window when you leave your car, that way they don't freeze to the windshield and it's easier to scrap off snow and ice. It's fun to look...
Thank you for all the opinions and info. After talking about it thoroughly with DH we decided to try Plan B and I pick some up at the pharmacy today. I was surprised and pleased with how easy and painless it was to get (though more $$ than I thought) and it eases my mind that we probably won't have any new family members arriving for Thanksgiving! We figured that even if I get EVERY symptom possible from the pill, it would still be easier and less painful longterm than...
DH and I had an oops last night and I think may be in the fertile part of my cycle. I used to chart regularly but, since we are done having kids and planning on the big V, we just use condoms so I don't really keep track. I know I had very good eggwhite mucus on Thursday so I should have O'd around then right? If so, then we should be in the clear but I'm still worried about it. Has anyone here used Plan B and can you tell me how it went? I'm thinking of going into PP...
I haven't adopted a toddler. We received my son's referral from Ethiopia when he was 4.5 months old and brought him home at 6.5 months old and even though he was young (very young in international adoption terms) he had significant attachment issues that took most of a year to get a handle on and that still pop up from time to time even now... he turns three next week. There is no guarantee that a young child won't have issues or that a older child will. It really depends...
Quote: Originally Posted by lonegirl I know she is 14...what type of dog is she? Have you brought her to the vet? She's a med sized, pound puppy, mutt. The vet has always said she has some collie. At her ideal weight she was 35# but is now at 22# (we keep close track because of the aspirin). We have had her into the vet recently for her weight loss but I got the feeling that they are kinda writing her off. Thanks for your words of wisdom. I...
Our old dog Carrie just turned 14 in December and is really going down hill. She has been losing wait recently, has lost 90% of her hearing, doesn't see well, and has frequent accidents. Now she is arthritic and the baby aspirin doesn't help much. She spends most of her days in our heated garage dog door access to a secure side yard but she wants to come in the house less and less... I think because she can't control her bowls and feels really bad about her accidents....
Quote: Originally Posted by GoestoShow If your child ever has blood drawn for any other reason, the type will probably be automatically tested. You know, I though that was true too but my son had EXTENSIVE blood work when he arrived home from Ethiopia and they didn't type him. My oldest has also had blood work in the ER and wasn't tested. I think that I'll just rein in my curiosity and maybe I'll find out someday... I think this is the only time...