or Connect

Posts by baglady

I was also put under general for my first c/s due to failed epidural. I totally understand your sadness. I really spent a lot of time crying over not being there, not hearing his first cries, and everything else one misses in such a situation. I have a video of me holding him shortly after the procedure. I'm totally drugged (read: cross eyed). I actually don't remember that event at all. I only have one memory of meeting him for the first time several ours later when...
My kids won't eat the homemade chunk of chicken type either. Put the breast in the food processor and grind it up (with spices like onion powder, salt, pepper, etc.) into a chicken paste of sorts, then shape into pattys. Then bread and cook. This is the best "healthy" way to recreate the formed, processed chicken feel of a nugget. my husband said it tasted like a McNugget, so I guess that is a success. I think this is probably a good base to grind in some veggies too.
This could be off, but... The back arching could be reflux. My second DS went through a similar pattern. As a newborn it didn't seem to bother him nearly as much as he got older. We used a cosleeper at the time and elevated it on one side so he was sleeping at a slight angle which seemed to help a lot. He still woke/wakes for frequent smaller feedings which are easier on the tummy, but he seemed to sleep much deeper. At almost 1 he's back in the bed with me because...
It was definitely easier emotionally. I wasn't in pain. I was mentally present for the birth. The nurses even placed a mirror so I could see the birth. (without seeing the wound). I told the nurse in the pre op area about how nervous I was because of my last experience. When she brought me into the OR, she introduced me to the other nurses and told them how scared I was because of my previous birth. They were really wonderful. It was a very healing experience, for...
I literally cannot stand how many people literally have no idea how to correctly use the word literally. Literally. I also can't stand alot and prolly.
My first always pulled his arms out and put them over his head. I gave up after a few weeks. He still (at 2.5) sleeps with his arms up. My second would still sleep swaddled if he could. He's six months and an expert roller. We're having trouble getting him to feel comfortable unswaddled. If your LO is comfortable, go with it.
I'm an occasional poster. I voted other because I don't want MDC to turn into a super snarky high school board where members openly make fun of each other. However, I think the moderation was too overbearing. There's no reason that we can't have real conversation and stop snakiness at the same time. I love the advice I've always gotten from the boards (by posting and lurking) but I was always slightly uncomfortable with the police state nature of the conversation...
I had the same thought just before my second child was born. My 2.5 year old is obsessed with the pacifier. I too started only allowing them in the house. I was unsuccessful in keeping them away from the new baby thanks to my DH, so I have no advice in that regard.I did struggle with the idea of taking something of comfort away, and I actually think it helped with the post baby transition.As far as the teeth... My pedi was constantly harping on getting rid of it because...
The water depends on the quality of water where you live. I've lived in two different cities. In one I used bottled water; now I use tap. I would talk to your pediatrician. Neither pediatrician I've used thought boiling water was necessary. I feed on demand and make bottles as I go. I feed it at room temperature instead of heating up. The only time I ever pre make bottles for the fridge is if I'm leaving the baby with a sitter for a few hours because I want to make...
The clean-up. The day after my birth I had a huge blood splash on the bathroom floor. I remeber watching the two nurses clean it up and being so glad it wasn't me. Plus they changed my bloody sheets and I didn't even have to get out of bed or attempt stain removal. My hospital had great food too. I got a huge menu and could order whenever I wanted. I also got a lunch for two to go when I left. As others have said I enjoyed the quiet alone time with the baby. If I...