or Connect

Posts by patricia250

Would the baby not be with mom in her room though?  Even with not breastfeeding my first, he was still in our room until he was 2 months.  It also depends on if she swaddles him, keeps the door open, etc...   If the vent has to be open, just keep the crib skirt off.  Then the air would circulate.
Both of my kids cribs are by a window, all we did was put a blanket over them and put the shades all the way up and pin the cords.   A floor vent?  Big deal.  If Mom is concerned, then she can close the vent.   I don't intend to be rude in saying this, but you need to back away fast if you want to spend any signifigant time around your grandchildren from here on out.   If I were in your daughters place and my mom was that level of concerned about certain tiny...
I was reading through the thread, and this phrase came though my mind:   Do you want to create a preachers kid?  You know, the kid who had so many rules growing up, but then went off to college and went wild because they had no framework of how to deal with the extra influence?  My parents may have thought that I was so straight and narrow when I was a teen, but really?  Where I rebelled was in areas where I could erase the evidence(internet.)   I am not saying...
Yay!  No more issue here.  Excellent.
At this point, we are going to to and contact the landlord first to see what he can do about insulation in the attic(main source of the problem).  I do not want to rush into another move, as we have only lived here 5 months and have just gotton other issues(medicaid, wic, etc...settled.)   That is not to say at all that we will not do what Elias needs, as per heat-  whether it is moving or space heaters well placed.    In the short term, it would be easier to...
Short background-  we used to live at a nice trailer park.  Rent was 517, bills low(ish, etc...) until we moved.  All was well, until winter.  We have winterized-  it is still a battle to get the living room to 52 degrees after running a space heater all day.  Added to this, my husband is out of his main job(he is still in the army reserve, so income from that, plus my job at a church nursery.)   If we moved back to the trailer park, we would have $1030 a month in...