or Connect

Posts by colorclash

I came to MDC tonight for this exact problem.  My DD is 7 1/2 months and has started waking up a bunch of times between bedtime and 12 am.  She used to just wake up once around 10 and could be patted back down by DH.  But now she wakes up screaming 10-20 minutes after I try to sneak away, and takes FOREVER to settle back down.  I was getting very frustrated, but its so reassuring to know that I'm not the only one in this situation right now.  Thanks for all the support,...
I  flats also!  They wash really well and dry super quick!   I usually fold them down to the size of a prefold and then put them on the baby using the same methods as I would a prefold, usually the angel wing fold. I liked the idea of the origami fold, but angel wing is so much faster for us.  DH will just use them as pads.  I use the GMD large unbleached birdseye and receiving blankets, but we are growing out of the 30x30 receiving blankets.  Maybe I'll have to try...
I've been making toothpaste for a few months, and each time have made a few adjustments to the recipe, that is very similar to the progressive pioneer one.  This is the one that I actually started from.  I've edited to add a bit of baking soda, and on my most recent batch I didn't use stevia or xylitol, and its the best tasting one that I've made so far.  I think the biggest thing is to use coconut oil that is refined or deodorized so the coconut flavor isn't in there....
I'm no sure if your question has been answered, so I'm going to add my two cents.   I've never tried to wash my wool w dr. bronner's but since its just pure soap, I'm thinking it would work in getting them clean.  You would still need to lanolize the wool after you washed it using lanolin.  I think some of the wool washes like eucalan is a combo of soap and lanolin, so that's why you would only need to do one process if that is what you are washing with.     If...
We use purchased cloth wipes, cheapie gerber wash clothes, and old wash clothes cut into quarters.  I didn't hem the cut up wash clothes, and they always fray and get tangled in the wash, so they became sort of a pain.  As far as solution goes, I just have a peri bottle filled with water and a drop or two of lavender oil and a drop or two of tea tree oil or sometimes plain water.  When I take off a poopie diaper, I use the front of the diaper to wipe off most of the...
I used this set up with my little one, probably starting around 2 months.  The snappies never damaged the wool, and i was using handmade wool covers (I say this cause I feel like hand knit is more fragile) You only have to wash when poop gets on the cover, which only happened a couple times with mine.  I really liked using wool.  Mine grew out of her covers, and I haven't had a chance to make ones in larger sizes.
Not super magic (cause it doesn't work every time)...   When I stick my finger in DD's mouth to unlatch her when she's asleep, I'll keep my finger in her mouth and put a little pressure on her lower jaw.  I keep my finger there for a few seconds, until I can see that she won't wake up if I take my finger out.  It seems the gradual removal of everything from her mouth makes her less likely to wake up.  I might try the timing thing mentioned above.
I toss my line dried dipes in the dryer for a few minutes to soften them up.
When ours was teeny tiny I would make a towel nest in the sink and then we'd take a shower and I'd do her first, then put her in the cozy towel nest and then do myself. As soon as she was able to arch her back and squirm around a bit, I brought her bouncy chair in to the bathroom and cover it with a couple towels and then wash her and put her down in that and then finish up. But now she's too big for that too, so I've been doing the hubby handoff. I never thought about...
I like the GMD organic unbleached flats.  I think I got the size large, cause I wanted to be able to use them all the way through the potty training.  My 5 1/2 month old girl is about 15 lbs and 24-25", and I've been using them for about six weeks now.  They fit her well, and she has plenty of room to grow into them.  I love that they wash so well and dry so quickly.  I either hang them in the sun to get out poopy stains, or I will dry them in the dryer.  It the sun they...