or Connect

Posts by colorclash

We do pigeon pose in my prenatal yoga to relieve sciatic pain. Its intense, but it feels really good afterwards. Maybe that could help...
We'll be starting our bradley classes in July. Our last class is one week before our due date, so I hope the baby doesn't come early! I don't want to miss ANY info! haha
I've been getting heartburn for the past few days too. I had the chance to ask my midwife about it yesterday...I would have forgot to ask her at the appointment, but then I noticed that I was heartburning, good reminder. Anyways, she gave me a couple suggestions that have helped others, but her advice was really to try stuff out and use whatever works, and use Tums only as a last resort. I've been doing the liquid calcium/magnesium thing at night too, but not for...
I have a bag of cashmere yarn in a bunch of different colors that I would LOVE to use to make soakers and nursing pads. Its all the same weight, but its in different colors, since its from partially unknit and repurposed sweaters...in other words, not really enough to make anything big, so perfect for soakers and pads. I'm wondering if cashmere would work as well as merino wool. Has anyone used cashmere yarn for this? I think it would make amazing nursing pads if it...
Ooooh fun! "The day you deliver, outside will be warm. Your baby will arrive in the middle of the afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 17 hours, your child, a girl, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 12 pounds, 10 ounces, and will be 16 inches long. This child will have light blue eyes and fluffy auburn hair." So 12 lbs, 10 oz and 16 inches long? Really? Those dimensions don't seem possible. Light eyes and auburn hair...maybe... But fun anyways! I...
Yay for appointments! I love love love hearing my little one's heartbeat!!!! It puts a smile on my face for the rest of the day (at least). I absolutely can't wait to feel movement. My appointment went really well yesterday. DH came along and recorded the sound of the heartbeat. Can't wait to share that with family. Everything else was fine, blood pressure, uterus size, etc. I just need to work on my exercise and protein intake. After yoga today, we were chatting...
Yay! I see that you have two rescued greyhounds! At the moment, I have two sleeping greyhounds. One is mine and one is a foster that just came off the track earlier this month! How long have you had your greys? How have they been with your DD? Was there any sort of adjustment period for the pups when your little one came?
Bummer about the childcare situation, Pink. Safety has to be first. AFM, I did pretty good for the rest of the week. Last Saturday, prenatal yoga class (75 minutes) Sunday, 25-30 min walk Monday, 25-30 min walk Tuesday, yoga video at home (45 minutes) Wednesday, yoga video at home (45 minutes) Thursday, break Friday, 40-45 min walk Saturday, Prenatal yoga class (75 minutes) Feeling good about things this week! Sort of dreading Monday...but that's normal.
I pulled a muscle in my foot last summer wearing flip flops on the beach, and I went to a podiatrist, because the pain seemed really random and I didn't know what caused it. We determined it was probably the flip flops on the sand that did it. I went in wearing crocs, and she said those are great shoes to wear. They are nice and squishy and have some arch support. Since the injury to my foot, I've lived in the crocs for the rest of the summer, even if the flip flops...
54mama, First I have to say, I love what I've seen of your blog so far. I'm gonna bookmark it and check it out in depth later. Everyone is so cute!!!! And then your knitting stuff is amazing! I want to tackle some bigger projects, but I tend to get bored easily and if its not something I can finish in a week tops, chances are it will never get done. Ask DH about his knitted pullover vest that I'm still making him from Christmas '08. I have to get back on that quilt...