or Connect

Posts by bean-e

I have not had any reactions myself, but a friend of mine said that she was in bed crying for about two weeks after she stopped dairy cold-turkey.  She also had major headaches and some other very unpleasant symptoms.  Basically withdrawal symptoms for her.  She is a vegetarian so dairy was a large part of her diet.  She also said that she googled it and found lots of stories of others having similar experiences.   hope this helps.
Hi mama,   Dd is 3.5 years old and she has never been a good sleeper.  Her max per night is 9.5 hours and she naps for about 1.5 hours.  It's 11 hours in total, but it's not a the 12-13 hours that I keep hearing about from other parents.  And then I have a friend who has a 5 month old who sleeps a total of about 12 to 13 hours a day.  Again, not as much as other babies the same age. So we're wondering if there is a link between food allergies and food intolerances...
My quick answer is no, I don't know of any.   This Dr. Sunshine got raving reviews when it comes to being nice http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/74031/BC/Vancouver/Sunshine   This link might also be a good resource for you in terms of finding a doctor in Vancouver who is accepting new patients.   Good luck.  
Hello fellow mamas   It's been a long while since I have been on this forum as I found it too stressful to read other people's struggles as it reminded me of how difficult and dark things seems in the first few months of my LO's life.  At one point, her pretty little face was covered with eczema, she cried every morning around 5 am because a bowel movement was coming and then she cried throughout she bowel movement...acid reflux, waking up every 45 minutes...etc....
Does anyone know if one can be allergic to bacon but not pork?  Is it all the little additives in the bacon?   thanks!
I don't know if the blood it is a sign of allergy for sure.  What I know is that dd cannot have soy.  If I have soy in my diet, then there is going to be blood in her stool as well as acid reflux.   DD had green mucousy and sour smelling stool for a long time.  I thought it was my oversupply of bm and tried all sorts of ways (eg. eating bunches of parsley) to lower my supply.  Nothing helped with my oversupply until I got dairy out of my diet.  I also eliminated a...
That would make sense if she was having lots of rice and have no space left for protein.  That, however, is not the case.  She can have the same amount of protein, veggies, and the only variable is carbs.  If I added in the carbs, then she will invariably wake up in the middle of the night to ask for food.
Does anyone know why whenever I feed my daughter 18 months some rice (even small amts eg. 2 tablespoon) at dinner time with her meat and veggies that she will be hungry by around 4am?     I have noticed that if I feed her only protein and veggies at dinner, then she can sleep fairly well until around 6:30am.  However, if I give her some white rice (she is allergic to brown rice) in addition to her meat and veggies even if it's the same amount of protein and veggies,...
I am working with a mom who has some food allergies herself.  Her 3 month old seems to be healthy and growing, but there is just something nagging at me.  So far, all I know is that she spits up long after a feeding, has eczema or dry rough skin (mom claims it's just dry skin) all over her body, and cries a bit before pooping.  Is there enough for you to suspect that there is something more than just regular newborn stuff going on?  
dd is suddenly having some blood in her stool after over a year of "good poop".  She has also been sick -- runny nose, slight fever and diarrhea.  I am wondering if the blood is necessarily a sign of something in her diet that is causing an issue for her, or if it could be related to her current illness.  I don't recall adding anything new to her diet nor mine...