or Connect

Posts by SilverMoon010

Hi everyone,   My son is currently in a public school, in kindergarten.  I am considering homeschooling him starting next September when he would be in 1st grade.  I have NO clue where to start with this.  I've been recommended to read the book What your 1st Grader Needs to Know, by E.D. Hirsch, but other than that, I am clueless regarding what curriculum to use, etc.  I don't even know what's out there.  I do know there is online schooling versus textbook learning.  I'm...
  It's certainly not easy in the beginning because there is so much conditioning (media) around us to believe anything outside the norm is totally unacceptable and is not the "right" way; however, that is totally not true.   There's no way to know ahead of time if a child will have a severe reaction to vaccines or what the consequence will be in the future or effect the vaccine is having, but of course the media will never cover those kind of things, only how glorified...
OP, that is very refreshing to hear indeed.  My husband's primary doc (fairly conventional) advises against the flu vaccine.
OP, I understand how you are feeling.  I know it sounds terribly difficult and intimidating to approach your doctor about this, but it's really not.  It is your decision to make and not your doctor's. This is your child and that's all that matters is you making decisions you feel are right for your child and not being pushed into anything else otherwise.   Like another poster mentioned, just be confident when approaching this subject with your doctor.  Stand your...
Thanks ladies  I'll check them all out!
I haven't been here to post in a long time it seems!   I was just coming to find out what the best natural/organic vitamins you mamas know of for the little ones these days.  When my 5-year-old was a lot younger, I used to get the Liquid Health Complete Multi for him,  but for the past year or so, he just gets D3 and Cod liver oil.   I want to start my 15-month-old on a multi (and include my 5-year-old with a multi as well again) but I am not sure where to...
I just recently stopped nursing (gradually weaned) my 15-month-old boy.  I have been having such a terrible time with depression about the past 6 to 8 months, but lately, it has gotten so bad.  I am crying all of the time, feel terribly depressed, my self-esteem is at rock bottom, etc.  I've struggled with anxiety and depression in the past but never this bad. I can't figure out what is going on and as much as I hate to, I feel I need to see a psychologist or something...
nobody????
I am having tooth pain, and as much as I hate the thought of it, I think I may have a cavity, or two I would love to avoid the dentist at least until I am fnished with breastfeeding but I don't think I can do that. I really need to get in there to get checked out because I know how important dental health is. Anyway, I am worried about the impact of cavity filling and Novocaine, or other numbing solutions they may possibly use, on breastfeeding. Are there any concerns...
I am having tooth pain, and as much as I hate the thought of it, I think I may have a cavity, or two  I would love to avoid the dentist at least until I am fnished with breastfeeding but I don't think I can do that.  I really need to get in there to get checked out because I know how important dental health is.  Anyway, I am worried about the impact of cavity filling and Novocaine, or other numbing solutions they may possibly use, on breastfeeding.  Are there any...