or Connect

Posts by Thursday Girl

I just started school this semester. I am taking  english comp 1, beginning algebra and intro to sociology.  I am getting my pre-reqs for the 2 year nursing program that finishes with an RN.  I will then start a job and start to get my BA in nursing, then onto my masters. I have 4 kids, a husband who works and is gone 12-13 hour days for the most part. Right now all of my classes are on-line because the college's child development center (where my almost 4 year old is...
I did not realize Hanalei was a real place. That vacation sounds fabulous.   Starling- I would so move if I could. Numbers don't work out for us either so we are staying in the city, but someday we'll be in the country. As soon as it is possible.       okay, I will fully admit that I completely forgot about this group, not that you guys existed or anything but I don't know. I wanted to come tell you that June started school yesterday and when I took her today...
sorry for the sick babies, we are also starting to get a mild cold, starting with Coraline and I.   Schools- the place where June has been going to speech has changed some of their rules, I think it is silly, it's not measures that would actually do ANYTHING, just things to make grown ups feel better, like "hey, hey look we are doing something!". I just feel like locking our kids up isn't going to protect them and is going to hinder the wonderful freedom of...
sue- crossing my fingers, hope he gets one of them!!   everr- I have lost my kids before. never in a store, always at parks. Once I lost Josephine (she was in the first half of being 3) for gosh 15 minutes or so. Jewel finally spotted her, she was being led away from the park by a police officer, boy did I ever high tail it across that park. it's super scary but in no way makes you a bad mom.   erin- editing is done, yay. as for the santa thing, I'd just continue...
so is anyone else's computer area now cleaner like mine is?
I feel like mines pretty bad, especially since so much stuff is BEHIND the monitor where we can't see it so it stays there way longer than it should.   an address book an empty milk cup that I just finished a clothespin a ziplock bag with cookies from the holiday cookie swap that I couldn't finish a magnetic key box hider (my 3 year old was using it as a phone) a small, dried piece of grass a well worn piece of paper my 9 year old used to...
I want a pair of fabric scissors that haven't been ruined by my kids cutting paper with them. I'm hoping that is possible this year.
sue, holy crap! I'd do the same thing of a mom said that to my kid about her standing up for herself.   so i ave sort of stopped stressing/ i didn't even have 1 present for each kid and soon i will so now that i know they will each have a santa present and then Chris and I got them a mushroom tent to share. so phew.  I was so majorly stressed b/c I didn't know if we'd be able to get the 2 little girls something, but my sister saved the day. I'm unsure if they will...
are these recipes that spread? I finally found a recipe last year that didn't spread but I didn't save the recipe. most sugar cookies recipes spread making the cookie cutter shape almost useless.