or Connect

Posts by akind1

Honestly, I never feel really drained during the engorged phase. I've pumped a little more than 3 oz just off one side. It's going to my freezer stash so it's not a bad thing. If your babe is happy I wouldnit worry about the speed of flow. Afm: physical healing, I finally had a decent BM, thank you hemmroids. Otherwise other than a little soreness and cramping, I feel pretty normal. I'm in my pre pregnancy jeans, almost back at pre pregnancy weight. Breastfeeding is going...
Thanks everyone! We are doing wonderfully, though the transition to mom of 3 is a bit more of a challenge than mom of 2 was. Chocolate chip: actually, my first VBAC recovery was harder than my c section. 4th degree tear + chasing a toddler was HARD. Wouldn't change it for anything, but I was so afraid thus time of a recovery like that.
Lyterae! Hooray! Sending healthy, sticky vibes your way. We are home, older kids came back yesterday afternoon, Gabe has been great with Theo. much better than I anticipated. Norah hasn't paid him much attention, except when he cries. Religion. We haven't discussed it really. But we ourselves are Protestant, have several Catholic friends, and a few Jewish ones, most of which are at least nominally observant if not strictly so. Religion is part of the world we live in,...
Saturday morning, 3/9, I woke up around 6 with mild contractions, around every 10 minutes. We got up for the day and the contractions persisted, at about the same interval and strength. I had a feeling this was "it", and we called MIL to come get the older two kids, just in case. Decided to continue about our normal business, shopping and eating out, etc. The contractions continued to get a bit stronger, and closer together when we walked, but anytime we sat down, spaced...
I know that Norah is among the younger in our group of whatever babies, but seriously, colors, numbers, and sentences? Gabe is 3 years old and I'm thrilled how well he's doing with colors, numbers and shapes! and he just started with multi word sentences like a year ago. Norah has one word things. the only two words she's put together are "pop" and "tart" LOL   Go with your gut, but also take a deep breath - I only know Ava in pics, to me, she seems tiny and...
Birth story: woke up 6 am Saturday with mild contractions regularly about 8-10 minutes. These continued all day through shopping, eating, etc. sent kids to MILs. Kept up, increasing in intensity but spacing out a bit overnight (read no sleep) and Sunday morning I got on the pump for 30 minutes to increase frequency. Ate breakfast, then walked to get them on a pattern good enough to head to hospital. Arrived at hospital at 1. 4 cm 80% effaced. I stayed that way despite...
One thing I'm really grateful for is that Gabe is respectful of Norah's sleep. Loves to say "shhhhh baby sleeping" he likes to watch her sleep, which is a mixed blessing. Norah, OTOH, likes to climb all over Gabe while he sleeps. I really wanted a nap today, but Norah woke before I could get one. I need to do more cleaning with DIY products.
MW: sounds like plain vinegar should do the trick: http://www.ehow.com/how_6389251_clean-pink-mold.html
JJ: your in laws definitely sound like cutting -ties-with worthy. How is your DH feeling about the situation?  All that would drive me bonkers.   Also: thank you for the reminder aboout your friend - it helps me to stay humble when I'm feeling a bit down to see people who need more zen than I do. She and I have the same due date :) And yes, to the prodromal hell. It comes and goes. Next time I get a good spate of time, I'm doing the breast pump again. I need him OUT....
I sleep as much as the other 2 let me, LOL. Norah woke up once, but she falls back asleep easily, as does Gabe (who also woke once). Once Theo is born, DH is back on night time parenting duty. He'd do it now, but I wake and respond faster (and have to get up to pee anyway).   I'll be ok . . I may try the pump again Friday morning, if nothing has happened by then.   If I didn't have 3 kids, I'd not drive a minivan. I LOVE my small cars. LOVE. I really miss my...