or Connect

Posts by akind1

MW: totally go see some snow! I'd love to!   AFM: 40 weeks today, happy due date - I'm not really surprised to see this day and still be pregnant. I wish I had some more signs of imminent labor, but I'm stuck in prodromal purgatory. As usual. *sigh* I go back to the OB friday for a BP check - not even seeing a doctor that day, I don't think, and then, if I'm still pregnant next week, I imagine it'll be a BPP scheduled and possibly induction - they'll only induce a...
Oh: lyterae: both my others were rather late. A c section at 41+6 and a VBAC at the same gestation.
Yeah, I spent some time Friday morning and some Sunday morning on the pump. Norah - I was silly and did it late at night. Water broke at 12:30 am. Carrie: we don't make beds. They have sheets, of course, but not really "made" - I of course have things that "need" to be done. I WAH. But I work most successfully if the kids are happy first. Maybe a timer? Say, you have 5 minutes to jump/play on bed, but then we need to do X?
Naked works for us - but I don't care if he is naked much. yes, I have to work on the whole clothes thing, and it adds a step. But oh well. whatever works for everyone. Bribery works really well here. He finally went at MIL's house. I think she just doesn't understand bribery. This is how it went down. Gabe wanted Skittles. FIL asked if he could have skittles. It's mid afternoon and he hasn't gone since before church. I said, Gabe, do you need to go potty? Gabe: NO! Me:...
Well, you prepare the food at the table. It's delicious, cook your own food. I like it, but it's pricey to do often. We've done everything on my pregnancy bucket list. EVERYTHING. Just waiting on baby. Even Gabe says he's ready LOL. I'm not really stressed, just done, and timing is trickier with more kids- there are certainly days/times that are more convenient forhis arrival than others. But he'll come when he comes.
Hooray for a great day! Carrie! You deserved it! JJ: love when babies flirt! MW: wondered what the Kim comment on FB was about, get it now! On Thursday, went to regular appointment and BP spiked to 158/84, with +1 protein in urine. Went down a little on recheck, to 140/70, but sent over to observation for labs, serial BP checks and another urine sample. BP went down, urine was clear, labs good, was sent home. Next appointment is Monday morning. Working on evicting baby...
back home, thank goodness. blood pressure went back down and stayed that way. labs and everything were good. Theo needs to come out!
I'm I. Observation for blood pressure. It's looking much better. Will keep you all posted. Not much cervical change. I hope they let me go home soon.
My c-section was nearly 3 1/2 years ago - failed induction, cascade of intervention . . . the usual story. And I can honestly say the only regret I have is what is has changed, permanently for any  and all future births. The surgery itself was not traumatic, my son and I bonded well, all that.   I had a VBAC not quite 18 months ago (October 2011) in the hospital. It was a healing experience, even if the recovery was actually far more difficult than my c-section...
Thankfully, Gabe is in a helpful stage. His favorite thing is to take out the trash - which is really awesome, I think. His next favorite thing is to beg "baby" to help him clean up. That's really funny. I find I get the most success out of helping him help me - he will clean up if I clean up with him, or at least sit with him while he does. I don't blame him, after all, why should I just sit on my butt while he cleans? (even though he made the mess, and I really don't...