or Connect

Posts by simplemama32

DS has a bday coming up in a couple months (he'll be turning 6), and for awhile now he has been asking if his whole family could please come to his party (meaning me, my parents, Ex, ex-mil, and ex-sil) this year (we usually do separate celebrations).  This is all he has been asking for...no presents, just his entire family together for his special day.  While part of me cringes at the thought of having to deal with ex and his family, I am more than willing to suck it up...
Would really appreciate advice on this situation...   DS (5 yo) came back from spending Thanksgiving at his dad's house last night.  One of the first things I heard about when he got home was that his dad had thrown more of his toys away. (Ex thinks this is an effective discipline method...and btw, it is not in any way connected to how DS might be playing with the toy.)  What I know so far is that DS supposedly said something/had an attitude Ex didn't like, so he threw...
DS started kindergarten this year and has about 10 minutes of assigned reading every night (sight words and short sentences).  However, his teacher also sends home a weekly newsletter with what the class will be learning that week and asking the parents to go over this material at home as well.  This includes "amazing words" (vocabulary), new sight words (plus review of those already learned in previous weeks), numbers (plus review of previous week), alphabet letter(s) of...
Hi everyone...it's been awhile since I've been here, but I need some advice about this situation.   Short backstory: XH and I have been divorced for a couple years (separated a year before that), and DS (5 yrs.) is with his dad every other weekend.  X and I don't have the best co-parenting relationship, but we manage to be civil most of the time.      X has always held very different beliefs than I do and has a vastly different parenting style.  Mostly, I try...
I'm at a bit of a loss for how to handle this situation...  My DS is 3 yo and in preschool two mornings a week. He seems to be in time-out at least once each day he is there, for various things, but mostly for pushing and poking at the other kids, and in general being "a disruption." Today, he told me he had to go in time-out for knocking a little girl down.    About a week ago, he told me he didn't want to go to school because he didn't have any friends, and he...
This is mainly for those who became pregnant with a donor or expanded their family through adoption, but all feedback welcomed, of course.  :-)   How did you decide between having a baby yourself or adopting?  I would love to experience pregnancy again, but am worried about giving birth.  The women in my family just don't seem to birth well, and my own experience with DS was less than pleasant.  Anyway, I'm scared to go through that on my own and risk complications...
I kept his last name.  We married young and then were married for almost 12 years, so I'm really used to it by now, LOL.  Plus no confusion about my and the little one's last name being different, and no irritating paperwork for me.   If I ever were to remarry, I would probably just go back to my maiden name.    
What she said.    Thanks, Rubelin, you explained it much better than I was attempting!    
I'm sorry about your mom, PenelopeJune.  *Hugs*   OP, I lived with my parents for about 9 months before moving out on my own.  I think luck and circumstance had a lot to do with it...we live in a low cost-of-living area, my marital home sold for a nice profit (so I could afford the down payment on our current home), and I somehow received a small raise within weeks of moving in (after no raise for 4-5 years).  I also receive (so far) consistent child support (which I...
  Thanks for replying.  :-)  I think your quote above is exactly what I'm trying to get across to her.