or Connect

Posts by SaoirseC

wow, even in winter? i'm not worried about breathability at this point. my 4 yo daughter has a pair that she loves, and we had a pair for her when she was just a few months old, though she wasn't cloth diapered at the time. thanks for the replies!
i've noticed that both old navy and children's place have fleece-lined jeans for babies. has anyone tried either brand over cloth diapers? i'd like to buy one or two pair of these for my little one, but i'd hate to waste the money if they're not going to fit over his fuzzi bunz.
Yes!! though i have to say that i do feel it's important for me to be here, and also that i don't feel like that every day. like when the kids happily pull out their workbooks and ask me to help them, meanwhile the baby is content to sit on my lap. or the mornings that i get to snuggle with my baby and little girl. or when we go out somewhere fun, like the park, on a beautifully ideal day and we just have a blast. there certainly are perks, but a hamster on a wheel...
MBhf- what would I do if I was single? I would go to work and come home to make dinner for myself. That's my point, single adults manage to eat even though they're at work all day. I don't see how it's so unreasonable to ask him to watch the baby while I make dinner. additionally, my babe is not content to be worn while i eat, or sit period. it's like you're doing the same thing he does- acting if the kids were my 'thing' instead of ours. it takes two to make a baby, and...
Part of the problem is that he exaggerates how often it is that he doesn't have dinner ready. I made dinner every night last week except one day, and I think I was volunteering late or something like that (so we ate leftovers). I do sometimes make crockpot meals, and I prep when i can. Part of it also is that I do not use any premade ingredients (with the exceptions of home-canned tomatoes, or the occasional spaghetti sauce). Then there's the fact that he's so picky about...
This is very similar to the other WOH/dinner thread, but I didn't want to hijack. I'm kind of at a stand-still right now with this issue. My husband expects that I make dinner for him when he comes home. It's not a rigid "dinner at this time" or anything like that, but he wants to eat dinner sometime in the evening before 7:30. I understand that, and understand that he gets hungry during the day. However, I SAH and homeschool 2 children and a 4 month old. Additionally,...
I'm trying to rehabilitate some older pocket diapers (some FB, some made by a friend) when I noticed that there was quite a bit of lint between the PUL and microfleece, around the buttons. As I began scraping and pulling the lint out, I realized it wasn't just lint! There was, let's call it detritus matter. :gag I spent probably around an hour last night pulling chunks of lint and detritus matter out of these pockets diapers, and they have been washed (inside out) in hot...
Quote: Originally Posted by triscuitsmom For my brother he really doesn't have much interest in them, is almost a little scared of them as newborns. Other people in my family get a bit upset by it, but it doesn't bother me at all. It's his comfort level. Personally I think it's important for everyone to get a little experience with babies. And since I know that he's sexually active, I think it's even more important. It doesn't upset me at all...
LOL, my little brother is 17 and I made him hold his nephew. We were on padded carpet (at home we have all hardwood floors), and I think he was just hesitant because of a lack of experience.
There's a 5 year age gap between myself and my next sibling. I wasn't really allowed to hold, carry, or help care for any of my younger brothers (I was 9 when my youngest brother was born). Maybe that's why I'm so freaked out by this. Thanks for the replies, I'm going to have to let this concept settle in my mind a little longer.