or Connect

Posts by pattimomma

DH is a SAHD and I work full time. DH drives DS1 to two different therapies every day (DS1 is not in a traditional school environment), he picks up our school age children from school in the afternoon, keeps our 2 yr old DD at home, and makes dinner. I don't get off work until 6 (not home until 6:30 at the earliest) and DS1 does much better with DH at home to keep things consistent. When we have had to switch things up in the past the impact on DS1's behavior lasts for...
MIL replied with an apology. But she just doesn't get it. The new issue: Her father, my DH's grandfather, passed away recently and she wants us to attend the memorial service. She offered to rent us a van, pay for gas, and pay for lodging so that we could come. The problem is that it's a 12 hour drive, my DH had no relationship with his grandfather and none of the kids (there are 5 of them) nor I have ever met the guy. DH and I have decided it makes no sense for us to go....
This applies to all my kids - typical and special needs. Grades are not always what they seem. My first grader has an IQ in the mildly gifted range and a severe learning disability. His report card has straight 'A's yet he doesn't know all the letters of the alphabet or any sight words. He can't count past 11. He is academically way behind the other kids. If I was just going on his grades I would be satisfied with the school and think that he was making progress in school...
I can't believe it is already November! I also can't believe I am almost 25 weeks pregnant! I had really intense pregnancy denial until week 21 so I feel like I just found out that I was pregnant 3 weeks ago BUT the third trimester is right around the corner   I started my NORA tea regimen today along with Floradix. I think I have been dehydrated and low on iron lately. Anybody else adding any second trimester things to their diet?   I have another ultrasound in a...
and it's already time for the November Thread!   Time is flying!!!
Continued from ~Expecting a Rainbow October 2013~   Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace - author unknown   A "rainbow baby" is a baby that is born following a miscarriage or still birth. A beautiful and bright rainbow follows a storm and gives hope of things getting better. The rainbow is more appreciated having just experienced the storm in comparison. The storm (pregnancy loss) has already happened and nothing can...
I have a 16 yr old girl, 13 yr old boy, 10 yr old girl, 7 yr old boy, 2.5 yr old girl and am expecting a boy in Feb 2014. I haven't found either gender to be more difficult than the other. Teenagers are about equivalent to toddlers when it comes to difficulty but I find the teenage tantrums more annoying. They are louder, bigger, and just as irrational as they were at 2 yrs old. The toddler begged for candy at the grocery store, the teenager still does that plus begs for...
Marnica - You are correct. I overreacted to a misunderstanding and I should have left off the first sentence in my reply. Taxi - I apologize for the personal attack.   Here is what confuses me - Why is it not enough to say that "as long as the jury is out", meaning that we still do not know if vaccines cause XYZ, "then I am not vaccinating"? I think that it is perfectly valid to take the stand of "there are some interesting correlations between vaccines and X so at this...
Perhaps you would like to learn how to read. I never said that vaccines don't cause asthma.
I work full time and will work right up until I am in labor too. But two weeks before my due date I will switch from working in the office to working at home. We get 6 weeks paid maternity leave (not deducted from PTO/vacation time). I may use some of my PTO/Vacation time to extend my time off for a couple more weeks. I work for a company with less than 50 people so FMLA does not apply to me. I will pump when I return to work and baby will stay home with DH.