or Connect

Posts by jessher

I feel like I have smelly pits, too! Hate that. Also, I feel pretty embarrassed by how large my boobs are. I have to wear baggy shirts that do the tent over the boobs instead being form fitting because I can tell my girls are attracting too much attention and it feels icky to me.  I tried to wear a maternity shirt for the first time today but it was a no-go. Make me look fat because it was a ruched, tighter top and rucking made me look lumpy. Back to the previously...
Hey Merialiss (and anyone else curious). I called the company about the test before making a decision. My insurance does not have any maternity benefits. I was told that the out of pocket cost for anyone without coverage is 200.00. My midwife had never had anyone get this test before, so she had to call the company and they sent her the test (along with some more for future clients).  I found a board on BabyCenter that is devoted just to this test and found lots of good...
I am amazed at how impossible it is to relax and get excited. I saw the HB at our dating ultrasound, which put us at 10weeks. No reason to believe anything has changed in the past 2 weeks, yet I am still not convinced everything is ok. I had my blood drawn for the MaterniT21 test on Friday and will have the result by next Friday. I did it for peace of mind but I already know it probably won't help. Nothing seems to put the anxiety to rest. Oh well, just taking it a day...
Time for my weekly check-in! I did everything on my household list (yay!), 2 out of 4 on Self list (why can't I take my CLO??), and 1 out of 3 on family list (BUT, in my defense, we decided to wait for our MaterniT21 test results coming this week before announcing to the kids and it wasn't possible for me to work for hubby this week due to his schedule).   For this week:   Family: tell kids about baby (MaterniT21 test results expected by Friday) DTD 2x at...
Oh, I am so sorry and heartbroken for you. 11 weeks..that is absolutely tragic. I am so sorry. :(
Yay, I have company! Thanks for joining in - I was starting to think this would be a failed experiment of one! I am doing ok so far, although I have not taking my cod liver oil at all, oops! Have finished my book and moved on to next one, made the bed every morning, and visited HD. 
Glad to see this thread. It's been so strange and sad to me to see how distorted my experience of pregnancy has become due to loss. I had 4 healthy pregnancies in my 20s and never experienced a miscarriage.    About 4 years ago I got pregnant with an IUD in place. My boyfriend at the time (now husband) and I were completely shocked, to say the least. I had the IUD removed at about 6 weeks and didn't see the midwife again until my 12 week appt, at which point she...
Does anyone want to join me in having a weekly goal check-in? Earlier in the year I got into the habit of setting weekly goals instead of a daily to-do list and it really helped me feel more productive. I stopped doing it and now I am so tired ALL THE TIME that I am not getting anything done and feel yucky about it. I want to get back on track, even if my goals are very modest, like making my bed every day.   I use THIS sheet because I can create my own categories....
My heart is breaking for you. I hate that you are going through this as I know how tough it is. Know that we are all thinking of you and wishing you a peaceful and hopeful recovery. 
So this has got to be the weirdest pregnancy symptom ever for me - getting songs stuck in my head. And not just ANY song, but old cartoon theme songs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Gummi Bears, Tiny Toon Adventures, Muppet Babies, Gullah Gullah Island....it goes on and on. I guess it's just an increased musical sensitivity of some kind? Almost as useless and the crazy dreams zit face.