or Connect

Posts by Epona

Quote: Originally Posted by shukr you could try amber teething necklaces. they seem to take the edge off it. chamomilla is a main teething remedy that you can try in a 200c if 30c not helpful. my son has needed belladonna 200c which brings relief for a while. maybe speak to a homeopath if you can. Yes, yes. Amber necklaces, and Hylands teething tablets and Teething gel, both help a lot. And when the fever/pain gets really bad, I'll use...
DH uses one from "Organic Grooming" (I think???), it's in a black container, and with their other products, like cologne and shaving creme. Works well, and smells nice. I've grabbed it a few times actually. Sort of like what I *remember* CK One smelling like. But since I have not smelled that since highschool, I may be mistaken about that.
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie was your pun intended? sorry, I know it's a touchy issue, but I seriously ed Thanks for bringing a smile to such a heavy discussion I didn't even notice it! I still can't believe people made an issue about those smilies, though.
Oh my goodness! You're really going through it right now. :
Quote: Originally Posted by es1967 Spinach and Tofu Ricotta in puff pastry served w orange cauliflower and potatoes. I do this w Salmon for my DH so I do a veggie version for DS and myself. Yum. I miss salmon sometimes. Now I want spinach and tofu ricotta in puff pastry. Can I come over for dinner?
Quote: Originally Posted by AAK Probably not a popular response, but how about letting him eat the chicken with his dad. If it isn't "forbidden" it won't be quite as appealing to him. Also, I would encourage dad to find the chicken from a local source, so that the chickens are more likely to be treated well during their life. Quote: Originally Posted by SarahGuinn I think we underestimate our children's ability to make...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ldavis24 I was just watching an episode of supernanny with a family with 3 children the youngest of which was a 17 month little girl. The mom was bfing and they were still co-sleeping with the baby and as soon as Nanny Joe stormed in she immediately said it was shocking that the mother was still bfing and she needed to stop so the baby could be "independent". She convinced this woman she was basically crazy for bfing this baby...
Quote: Originally Posted by georgia Or as my middle child stated once: It's my sword...it just looks like a magic wand
I don't mind it. I'm in my "kids" phase. I have a lot of patience, empathy, love, and enjoyment of their company. So I'm good with it. I figure their clingy for a reason, and I want to be as kind to them as possible for the brief window that I might share with them. When I have been short on fuses, I always remind myself that most of the time children are reflections of their homelife, that always softens my mood, and extends my reserves. I believe that every contact that...
Quote: Originally Posted by ssemino2000 I'm feeling a little frustrated and need some input. This is the scenario: We will be sitting at the table with my four year old eating dinner and at some point he will say he's done eating and that he wants dessert (we started this when we introduced dessert to get him to eat more supper). We tell him that he has to eat a certain amount of his meal before he can have dessert. Later in the evening when we tell...