or Connect

Posts by SaraCate

Haven't checked this in ages!  My LOs are now 1 and 3!!!   For east-end/Scarborough families, there's a group of us w/ kids ranging from about 1-6 or 7 that are starting to build momentum for possible meetups.  Try Torhschool or ScarboroughHomeschoolers on yahoo groups...
I sooo relate, PoetryLover!  It's too easy to see everything that needs to be done...I'm working on seeing what's accomplished. :/   Both boys are napping right now; don't know how much time I have, though!  I have:   Finished printing those recipes Cubed and toasted bread for stuffing Peeled, cubed and roasted sweet potatoes Boiled eggs Made up cheese mixture for apps tomorrow Done some dishes as I went :) Swept up some along the way :)   Fed the...
Busy, busy day!  Some cleaning, but a lot of kitchen work...and need to balance that with meeting the needs of my two little guys. :)   We're hosting Christmas dinner tomorrow - if some of the prep doesn't happen, that's okay, just a matter of more to do tomorrw - but DH will be home then, so he can focus on the kiddos while I cook.   Ideally, I will:   Finish printing out recipes Boil eggs & make devilled eggs Mostly make stuffing (cube bread & toast,...
Hi!  My little guys are 2.75 and 10mo., but with leaning heavily towards HSing past the preschool years, I find myself thinking a fair bit about their learning - esp. the toddler!   We're pretty go with the flow here, too - DS2yrs is doing more in the kitchen with me lately, but aside form that, my goals for each day are lots of outdoor time (1-2 hrs., min) and at least an hour of reading each day, cumulatively.  Right now, we're visiting my family in the states, and...
Hey ladies,   First - FWIW - I'll probably go out and buy a test this afternoon just for my own peace of mind.   I'm tracking cycles (dates) and CM, but not bothering much w/ temps b/c I usually don't get a solid enough block of sleep for temps to be reliable.  (I may start again anyway, just to have a number...)   DS2 is almost 10 mo.  AF came back - pretty regularly - starting at 4 mo.  I had a pretty nasty cold this weekend (somewhere between Sat-Mom would...
I don't remember a lot of the exact ages, but I this is what DS (30 mo.) can do, w/ ages where I remember: sing ABCs, count to twelve (I found out he could count to ten @26 mos., don't know how long he'd known before that), triangle/circle/square by 21 mos., star by 23, heart...around the same time?, recognizes maybe 4 or 5 letters consistently (e.g., will bring me "G" and say "It's for Gareth!") and maybe another half-dozen inconsistently...jumped somewhere between...
Hi! I want/need to buy a pair of good-quality, durable, walking sandals.  I tried on my first pair of Birkenstocks yesterday, and the person attending me suggested Kumfs as an alternative.     Have any of you ever heard of Kumfs?  (The attendant yesterday also said they stock less Birks now because these outsell the Birks...) The reviews I've been able to find are all pretty positive re: comfort, but I also want something relatively long-wearing for what they'll...
If you were going to follow "yet another" frugal/green/natural living/homeschool/craft/parenting/family type blog, what would it take to pique your interest - and then to keep you following/checking in? I realize the obvious things, like posting regularly.  I'm asking more about content. I've been strongly encouraged by a number of folks in my life to share  - whether via a book (or books), blog, classes/workshops, etc.  I struggle with this because my...
Hi!   Occassional-checker and on-again off-again participant on MDC boards here. :)  We currently live near Vic Park and Gerrard, and are moving to Lawrence/Birchmount at the end of the month.  Would love to meet like-minded moms in the area once we get a little settled...our LOs are 27 months and almost 5 months. :)   ~Sara
Hi!    I have always been interested in (mostly vegetable) gardening, but with major changes in my life over the years since I found frugality.ca it's become more important to me both as a teaching tool and a frugal source of high-quality food for my family.   So my questions revolve around - what veggies (fruits, too) provide the most bang for your buck and the highest yiled for a small space?  I have looked forward for years to an asparagus patch, but I'm not...