or Connect

Posts by salmontree

I live in Alaska and if 9 degrees above zero was too cold for babies, we'd be stuck at home all winter. Which is about 8 months long here. I try to avoid going out with baby when the temp drops to 20 below zero but sometimes it can't be helped. It gets to -40 here now and then and even that won't stop us from having to go out on occasion although I don't much enjoy it. I have a large coat that I like to wear baby inside and or if I don't want to take baby out of the car...
What size were you before pregnancy? I was a B and even though I went up to a D when nursing after I weaned they went back to a modest B and were definitely more deflated than before nursing. I think it's fairly normal, especially with some weight loss. The thing that bugs me is when I put on an extra 25 pounds or so they got fuller and i liked the way they looked but then I had tummy flab that I definitely didn't like. *sigh*
I'm wondering if its safe to use this garlic treatment when I'm 3 weeks postpartum. My bleeding is down to just occasional spotting. I was told not to stick anything up in there until bleeding was completely done. Thoughts?
I've experienced this too and my midwife said its called dysphoric milk ejection reflex or D-MER. It was worse with my first couple kids. I don't notice it much now with my 4th.
I only have my children 50% of the time and struggle with this as well. It's really hard. I haven't yet figured out how to make the sadness go away completely, I have found that by doing things in my free time without the kids that I was never able to do when I had them full time is a useful distraction from the ache. Going out, meeting new people.. it sounds like cliched advice but it really does help. It's been two years that since I moved out and have had shared custody...
Your doctor has horrible bedside manners and sounds ignorant of the facts. There is a biolgical "grace period" at the beginning of pregnancy and the odds that you caused harm with one night of binge drinking at four weeks in is incredibly small. Its irresponsible of your doctor to frame the situation in such a way that it feels like a risk worth losing sleep over and I would also be looking for a a new care provider. I didn't know with my first until well into week 6 or 7...
I was just thinking today that I never really got to hear the details of your birth story and I was about to ask you over on facebook for your birthstory when I realized that I could probably find it over here. I'm so happy that everything went so well. I love that you guys had breakfast at Denny's that morning. That place is epic and this just adds to the lore. I loved seeing little Asher the other day and I'm looking forward to seeing you and the fam when C. gets...
Quote: Originally Posted by brightonwoman Here's an unrelated question for everybody--when do they come out with the announcement of how much the PFDs will be this year? (This is our first year getting them ) We are kinda counting on ours to *ahem* buy a little furniture and it would be nice to know how much to expect so that we can start shopping appropriately. I think the amount is announced mid September, right before the first wave of...
We use the religious exemption and it was as simple as signing the form provided by the school district (North Star Borough for us) that basically says we are religiously opposed to practice of vaccination and getting it notarized. There was nothing on it about what religion we are or anything like that. I'm under the impression that it's illegal to ask for that information.
I couldn't figure out a way to keep water always available for the dogs and still away from my toddler. My solution was simply to stop making a big deal out of it. It seemed like the more I made it a 'taboo' thing, the more she wanted to play in it. I finally just put a towel under the dog bowl to soak up the spills and cleaned up after she was done playing in it. Eventually the novelty wore off.