or Connect

Posts by someonenamedleah

I am having it done. I'm also having the NT scan/ first trimester screen done. Due to my history of losses I want every possible opportunity to know that things are going well. As my mw put it, the tests are more for reassurance that everything is fine, then to find out that something is wrong. I honestly don't know what I'll do if something comes back abnormal... I guess I'll deal with that if it happens. So that's my thought process!
I'm so sorry you're going through this.  You'll be in my thoughts.
Me too. This is very, very much a wanted and tried for pregnancy, so I feel guilty about how absolutely miserable I am feeling and behaving. I have 17 month old twins and a 10 year old DD who just starred summer break and I do not want to leave the couch! I feel nauseous all day, I am so exhausted all I want to do is sleep, it is 95 degrees and my central air is broken, and DH is never, home. Yeah, I'm a total pity party and I feel like crap about it. I'm just praying...
I'm so sorry for your friend's loss.  Ugh.  I think bringing over food is really helpful... I didn't want to cook or eat for a while, but I had a husband and kid who needed fed.  My best friend came over and hung out with me a lot after my husband went back to work, just to keep me company and kind of help take my mind off things and help with basic stuff...I really wasn't functioning too well for a while.  Don't be afraid afraid to bring up her baby and talk about him...
Hooray Kindermama and mariacm! That's awesome news!!!!   How did it go today Dana???   AFM, I'm just incredibly, ridiculously exhausted.  All I can think about is wanting to go back to bed.  Luckily, I've been able to get a nap in the past couple of days!  
  Your ultrasound is just a few days after mine... I should be 7 weeks 3 days then by lmp, but I think a little less by O day.  I'm kind of in a bit of denial as well... DH and I don't talk about it at all, and no one else IRL knows.  I say, when it comes to PAL, we do whatever we have to do to stay sane, kwim???  
Ugh, I don't feel old either and I think the AMA label is a load of crap.  That said, I do plan on doing the NT scan and blood work and a level 2 ultrasound at 20 wks, but I am pretty sure I won't do CVS or amnio.  My midwife (CNM) said that she will do as much or as little testing and whatnot as I like.  I am leaning towards more testing, but for me that's due more to previous losses than age.  
I'm 36! I don't have any btdt advice, but I'll be following this thread as well. What are you planning on doing as far as testing and everything???
I know exactly what you mean... I'm feeling "unpregnant" right now, after being pretty nauseous last week. I hope everything is ok, but a part of me is like, "oh well, better to get it over with sooner, rather than later". I am really worried about how I'm going to be able to handle the rest of this pregnancy (however long it may last).Good luck with your u/s next week. Mine is on the 31st.
Wonderful news!!! Congratulations!!! Twins are so much fun!!!