or Connect

Posts by anacaro

We home school because it promotes the independent search for knowledge and allow us to help each of our children to grow to excel and be the best they can be as a human being, not only academically.
Hey MIrandaM, I just realized that you are in Switzerland.  The exact town name is Udligenswil. I really had a wonderful experience in Switzerland and loved the sincerity of people. 
  Well, the Spanish language first (unfortunately I do not speak Quechua which is the other official language). I do not know how it will work out, but with DS I only speak in Spanish and DH speaks to him in English and Spanish sometimes (he is from South Carolina) and it has worked well so far. Other traditions/customs would be the cooking. Half of my family is from the coast and half is from the highlands, so there are some very traditional foods such as llapingachos...
I only have a sister who is 2 1/2 years younger than me. We get along really well, but it is a bit of a challenge to be as close as we used to because of the distance.  DS is quite excited about the new baby.  He tells me an average of 8 times a week "Baby is coming out and need to nurse" and I say not yet.  He talks and says prayers to the baby and sometimes sings as well. Since the time I had very bad nausea and morning sickness he's been having sympathy pains - "ohh...
That's a hard one for me. What comes to my mind right now would be "human" as in human being, but a more character descriptive word might be joyful. We lived in Kunshan, Jiangsu province which is to the west of Shanghai. It is a town... by Chinese standards that means about 1 million people. We loved it there, well I did and DH liked it.  We hope to go back to China in the future, but we'll see. We went because we wanted to be of service in a place where it was not DH nor...
I am 28 +5 today.  Last time I was about 22 weeks pregnant during the summer and wasn't bad at all, but this time I am hoping that I feel as good as with my last pregnancy. In reality I am dreading the heat a bit... 
I was born and grew up in Quito, Ecuador. As of 2006 I moved "permanently" to NYC, before that was in Switzerland, South Carolina, China.  DH and I don't know if we like it here the best, but it's where we are now. 
I'm glad that the heat wave we had a week and a half ago is hopefully not coming back soon.  We've been having low 80s here. It's a bit warm, but it does not wear me out when I ride my bike.   I have not been online for a while since DH got a full time temporary (hopefully permanent) job in mid-may and we had to put our DS in a daycare and on top of that work was crazy preparing for a big conference out of town that a large group of my co-workers are attending now. I...
Did you grow up with brothers or sisters?  Since your DH has Chinese ancestry, have you visited China? Would you like to go? What is your most cherished memory?
I do not do crossfit, but enjoy knowing what people are doing and the videos that my husband shows me.  I do think that I would like to start after this baby.   The only excercise I get is commuting to work by bike -8miles each way.  The morning/evening 15min. excercise that used to be part of my routine has been replaced with getting my DS and myself ready now that my husband just started a full-time temporary job.  I know I could get up 15min. earlier, but haven't...