or Connect

Posts by Stitches

Done it many times, but do watch when it goes through the x-ray machine that any pokey bits point up and not run over the rollers.  The security person (Pearson airport) flipped my stroller over, after I had placed it the proper way, and rammed it over the rollers so that it broke the attachment for the buggy board right off. Other than that I've never had an issue.  
My province (Alberta) has no booster seat law, although all local health agencies, retailers etc. recommend them.  The law is simply that a child under the age of 6 who is less than 40 lbs needs to be in a restraint.  Thankfully I don't know of anyone personally who lets their 40 lb kid ride with a seatbelt, but it boggles my mind that they have never legislated it.  :(
Just wanted to commiserate.  We're headed on a plane trip tommorow with a 3 year old and a 9 month old.  This is our third trip this year, I won't sugar coat it, taking kids and luggage and car seats through an airport is stressfull, I'm always working every angle to figure out how I can avoid taking the seats but we always need them for some reason, so it is what is it I guess.   Getting a cheap luggage cart to strap the carseat on for pulling through the airport and...
I don't know what is the 'best' but we recently got a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan and I'm happy with it.  My 3 year old calls it our "red sport van" .  The price point was a major consideration as well as the fact that both rows of back seats fold flat...no hauling seats out of the van!  Nice for trips to Ikea etc.  We've taken it on several road trips so far this summer and it worked out great.  If I had three young kids close in age the 8 passenger Honda would probably be...
Thanks Maedze!  Clear as mud for sure...I feel like i need to make a flow chart to keep track of each of my car seat's vital stats, which now I'm thinking is not a bad idea! 
Thanks, that would be great!  I've got a 2002 Toyota Corolla and a 2011 Dodge Caravan.   
Here's a spin-off question...despite reading my vehicle owner's manual, I have never noticed any stated weight limit for the car seat anchors, and have never noticed this in my car seat manual (I also have a Marathon).  So how would I know that?  Is 40 lbs a standard weight to switch to seatbelt vs. LATCH?  I must admit this is entirely new information to me. 
 I had the same issue with our Marathon, my DD outgrew the RF limits by height WAY sooner than by weight.  Why do they even put a height limit on when what matters is the distance from the top of the shell?  I wish I had known that at the time :(
I remember you from the ttc boards, so glad to hear about the safe arrival of your triplets! 
Nope, and not likely to be for some years.