Well, I'd say TGIF but the weekend looks like a hectic combination of moving prep and travel prep. We hope breaking it into bite-sized pieces helps. Today I'm slow and sleep-deprived but still upright:
- took mother to a medical appointment follow-up, results were better at this check
- back home, ran some numbers budgeting our cash flow for the rest of the month
- folded laundry
- did some of the PT stretches for my knee!
Still would like...
Main things I accomplished today were phone work, which I loathe:
- had a couple of short back-and-forths with my mother's realtor
- talked to a donation center about picking up furniture from her place
- talked to movers about lead time needed to haul the furniture she's having brought here
The biggest thing for me was lead time; that'll help me get my head around it when the time does come, which I think will be the second half of the month. Anyhow, those were...
OP, are you thinking macro or micro? I'm in northern New England, and our state has a Coalition to End Homelessness composed of many advocacy groups . . . Overall, I'd say some programs and agencies help more than others. DS1 sent me this link http://www.nationofchange.org/utah-ending-homelessness-giving-people-homes-1390056183 about an approach that does seem to be working.
^^^ You've gotten hammered down there this year! DH travels to WDC for work and was there for one of the ice events; he was very impressed.
Today, amid only flurries, I:
- dropped mother off at her house
- went to dentist to have two cavities filled, now I have a Novocaine headache
- stopped at natural food store for the things I forgot yesterday
- washed and hung a load of laundry
- picked up and put away some books that were kicking...
Glad to pass it along . . . you and several others on here had mentioned some health struggles, and I've kept meaning to post it. Other than disappointing my dog by not taking her out just now, so far I have: - gone to eye doctor for a follow-up visual field test; I think it went better than last time- popped into a boutique downtown to look at dresses, walked out with a tea-length-something-in-black- got a small handful of groceries at natural food co-op- came home to...
Slogging my way through a Monday:
- up and out to post office; mailed DS2's box and financial aid packet (mini happy dance!)
- bought groceries and home to unload them
- ran utilities workers off my property (really, I was nice, but there are deeded access points in the area, and our home isn't one of them)
- chatted with mother about some plans for the week
- built the last of my book wish list off some recommendations I'd been reading
- walked with dog
^^^ Watercolor painting sounds so relaxing.
Mile a minute today:
- up to take my mother to her house
- home for a quick breakfast
- swept and vacuumed the floors in our kitchen and living area
- took our two upright vacuum cleaners out the to car for donation
- with old blankets and a couple of other things
- went down to kinko's, made copies for DS2's financial aid packet
- stopped in at Bed, Bath, Beyond with a coupon and got a much lighter-weight...