or Connect

Posts by ajsgirl

Well, after 18 months of trying with NO success, lots of fertility tests and three months of acupuncture (not in the last few months though), I tested a very faint + this morning! I'm on CD31. My Due Date is December 1st, but I tend to go a little early (9 days with my first, 20 days with my 2nd) I'm a little hesitant to spread the news since I am having a little brownish discharge. That happens every month to me before I get my period, but I've never gotten a + before....
We rent our 4 br/3ba house in Northern California for $3995 a month. Our landlord covers the landscaping and home maintenance, but we cover all other expenses (bills, trash, etc). If you plan to sell the house in a couple of years, I would (if I were you and could afford to) cover all the landscaping costs... weeding, mowing, leaf removal, etc. You want the yard in nice shape when it comes time to sell it. I agree that you don't set your rent price on what your...
We're moving two towns away in about a month (midyear). My son, who is not very good with transitions and loves his current kindergarten teacher, will have to change schools at that time. Can anyone recommend a book that we can read at home to help us prepare for this transition? Not a "starting school for the first time book", but one about moving and changing schools. TIA!
We're considering moving to a great rental house in a great neighborhood with great schools, but downfall is that the guy who lives there now smokes. The house smells like smoke. We're concerned that we may never get the smell out. He's agreed to replace the carpeting but after he moves his furniture and area rugs out, will it still smell? We can probably repaint some of the walls, but not all of them. We plan to live here at least 3 years and it's perfect in every other...
Thank you! Thank you! Thank yoU!!!! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm thinking of making it into a Monster instead of a raven and making the trees into houses and the baskets halloween pumpkins and the fruits will be treats. You know, Halloween style! I can't wait! Now to buy the felt and put it all together...
How many pieces are in the bird puzzle?
Hi everyone, I'm looking to make a non-competitive floor game for at home play. We're really trying to save some money these days and I was hoping to make an Orchard-type game out of felt for the kids to play. I'm tired of everything being a competition! Can anyone tell me the basic premise or instructions for this game? I want to make a seasonal game for them and this seems like the obvious choice. Or if anyone has another suggestion, something I could tailor for...
I just don't get it. We raised him in a gentle household. He doesn't watch any violent tv (tv is pretty restricted). Yet, at preschool and now at Kindergarten, he is gravitating toward playing with the more violent, aggressive kids. In one conversation, he'll mention how "Joey" told the teacher he was going to shoot him and then how he's his best friend. How "Ricky" and "Bobby" were hitting kids with blocks and it upset him so much and made him have a bad day, but that...
Most powerbars have nuts. He eats lots of beans, but I'm not sure he'll eat them in the morning for a snack. I'll try though!
I didn't know that about sprouted bagels! I have bought them, but just because they were healthier. I'll definitely try that. He won't eat meatballs. I've tried.. turkey and others. He won't eat anything in the form of a ball, patty or burger!