or Connect

Posts by shinaabikwe

Hey mamas-   So I finally found a human being to talk to and help me get set up on getting a plan through MNSure...woohoo! It's been so long that I have had healthcare OPTIONS as a low income individual though and I need help. Especially since I am looking to conceive and want to have a VBAC with a midwife.   Thus far Blue Cross, Blue Shield looks like the most alternative friendly option. Does anyone have experience having a midwife supported birth experience...
And now I "liked" Bella Luna Toys! *crossing fingers*
I "liked" Mothering on facebook!
I've seen similar recent posts but none addressing my baby girl's age or the working mama situation so I thought I would start my own post.   My dd just turned 1 in January. We co sleep and she has been eating food during the days since I started work in late November. Since then she went to breastfeeding on demand all day to breast feeding on demand evenings and weekends since I work full time Monday through Friday. Lately however I have been losing my patience at...
Yeah I thought I had read/been told by med expert something closer to 2 years old for honey, maybe it was 18 months?. She actually probably has had tiny bits of honey here and there as we do feed her tastes of things that we have/. I actually have been giving her wheat/gluten all the time and she has been ok with that, the thing that made me paranoid was a couple of incidences involving eggs and not wanting to risk any kind of reaction or creating more intolerance issues...
My baby girl is turning 1! We are going to celebrate at my mom's house with her extended family...she will be the only little one present.   My family is in the "its ok to give a baby refined sugar anytime" camp but myself and my spouse are not down with that...but I don't want to make a big deal out of it at this event. I told my mom I would make cupcakes for the party that she and everyone else can eat...but I need a recipe!   So I want to avoid massive amounts...
Does anyone have suggestions on parenting resources, similar in philosophy to Mothering, online?   I am doing some general research for a group I am going to be facilitating with mothers who are in recovery from chemical dependency. I am looking for positive resources that aren't trying to sell me something and google isn't being very helpful!   I already spent a lot of time looking at the Mothering website but I need help branching out into new territory. I am...
Thanks for the responses...its taken me this long to come back!   Leaks and the cause. From what you all have said I think there are two issues. The first is they probably need to be stripped because my husband did use our regular clothes detergent for one wash cycle and that probably is the case. Lately I have been using Rockin Green and I've been liking it quite a bit.   The other problem it seems is gaping around the thighs. She is mostly crawling but...
We have been doing cloth since our DD was 6 weeks old and really loving it, despite laundry every other day.   But lately its been stressful as she is nearing 1 year and absolutely HATES getting her diaper changed. I started with prefolds and covers which thus far has been the best for leakage but the worst in terms of shortest time to change diaper so we also have some pockets: BumGenius One size, Haute Pocket one size, Blueberry Minky one size and a few WAHM...
Since it seems like every post is so specific I figure I will ask for my own specific situation. We are looking for a carrier for our daughter who is currently 10 months old, 20+ lbs, 24"+. I am 5'3" and very curvy, my husband is 5'5" and thin. We are looking for something comfortable for both baby and parent for long periods of time so we are willing to invest in a good one. Currently it would be for long walks and working around the house and yard but we are...