or Connect

Posts by lerlerler

Quote: Originally Posted by Smokering Menopausal at 16? I have a friend with Turner's and she's mentioned she'll have to do IVF to have kids, but nothing about early menopause. Does that differ from person to person? Yup. Some never menstruate, some do and go into early menopause, some respond to estrogen and other hormomes,some don't. It looks like my niece is one of the reproductive "unluckies"- OTOH? She has few of the other physical...
Quote: Originally Posted by ChristyMarie Well, first of all, anovulatory does not mean she couldn't produce her own eggs and mature them through fertility drugs. I would also think the mom would freeze her eggs if she is that concerned. But to view your daughter as her own little egg factory? EWWW! Very wrong. afew more details... she'll probably be menopausal by 16 AND since her issue is genetic, her eggs probably won't be too...
I have the opposite problem.. a year behind you though. My 3 year old has a November birthday and a Dec cutoff. Since he was ONE people said "oh, you'll hold him back and start K at 5" like it was a fact. AUGUST boys are held back for no other reason than "Oh, I don't want him to be the last to get his drivers license" It's odd. My son is remarkably bright and I've asked his preschool teacher to tell me next winter what she thinks.. her reply "I held My son...
Quote: Originally Posted by MommaMoo I think what would have made me super po'd is the statement "That's what (your dd) is for." . Yup, I'm fairly certain that those were her exact words.... My husband I have been struggling with the issue of who gets custody in case we die ( I LOVE my sister and think she's incredibly flawed but loving)... and I think this was the final straw. I told him what she said and he replied "OK that's just...
Quote: Originally Posted by EFmom The dress code I enforce. Our schools have a very sensible and reasonable dress code. I happen to think uniforms in public schools are an opressive abomination, and I think that by enforcing the eminently reasonable dress code, I do my part to keep the uniform enthusiasts from gaining ground. e. FYI. our public school is the only district in the country with a district wide uniform policy (there was gang...
we've tried every possible sock option and fiber - but the "turn 'em inside out" thing may be worth a go. And i KNEW I'd get a few SPD or "sensory issue" posts but other than socks? Nothing!! All foods- any texture/temperature are OK All clothes - even her horribly polyester soccer jersey that makes my skin crawl just looking at it.... Shoes she will willingly wear - but remove at the earliest convinient moment... there's always a pile of shoes in the car and...
I have a five year old daighter. FIVE!! My sister has an 11 year old girl with multiple physical issues that they assumed would probably leave her anovulatory... New blood tests came out this week that point to the fact that she will, indeed, never ovulate... I was talking to my sister about it and how much her DD knew.... and her reply was "it'll be OK, that's what (insert MY daughter's name) is for.. she'll have great eggs" and then followed that up with the...
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonR Americans: related question: We are visiting the states for 3 weeks in June, and now I am wondering how many of the places we are visiting are going to have such a policy? We will be at disney, beaches, san diego zoo, sea world, phoenix, flagstaff, grand canyon, las vegas... Now I don't mind an occasional hot dog or coke or whatever, but if this is day after day I will start feeling ill, and the kids will get crazy...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly1101 Sweet. New question: When do you stop fretting about every little thing? When you have the second baby and are too darned tired to fret!
My daughter is a 5 year old Kindergartener and hates socks! Tights, peds, knee socks... she can barely stand SHOES!! But both at school AND ballet they require them. (the school requires tights or socks and ballet requires FOOTED tights) When school started I began the battle... DAILY. Some days were just mild whimpering, some days were outright fights. We tried different brands EVERYTHING. And then I lost my mind and had to take a time-out before I became a...