or Connect

Posts by lerlerler

For us? DS wasn't ready until 2.9. And then ONLY at a tiny parent-participation non-academic pre-school that allowed the parents to stay all day every day if desired (but, at SOME point the teacher tells you "umm, HE'S ready... go get a cup of coffee and come back in 20 minutes " and it's only 3 hours three days a week It REALLY helped him to be seperated BUT with tons of other parents he knew. The first day I left him, he was sad BUT sitting on a Mommy's lap that...
Quote: Originally Posted by pianojazzgirl Yay for this post! I was pretty sure that I could use a good reeling back in to reality. So, Flovent along, and if in a couple of weeks I notice no difference I contact my dr at which time I can let him know about my asbestos worries. Sound like a sound plan? glad to be of service!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by pianojazzgirl Thanks mamas. So, lerlerler - If, on my x-ray, there was seen "inflammation" (as my dr said) in my lungs is it unlikely that it could have been Mesothelioma since that would have presented as fluid? My limited and very anecdotal experience recalls that it was indeed fluid causing the beginning of the diagnosis. Your mesothelia is the lining that keeps the lungs moist PLEASE remember that less...
The only part of your story can help with is the Xray question... Mesothelioma generally shows up in an x-ray as looking like fluid in the lungs if at all... not diagnosible from an xray at all. WAAAAYYY more tests required to detect it... ending with a biopsy. As you may know, no "tumor" is ever visible with pleural mesothelioma, as your mesothelia is only a few cell layers thick. I'm sure you are fine.. as a pp mentioned asbestos in an incidental recent case is...
so if you SAY the letters she can't read them but if she SEES the letters, she can? I would just make a note of her VERY strong visual learning style and move on. Not really a problem.. just clues to how she learns.
Quote: Originally Posted by GoestoShow And all of the chairpersons in my school would have ordered you the hell home with pneumonia. Do you know how quickly that could have spread around campus??? How many more people you could have gotten sick, causing more people to miss class? Pneumonia?!? Seriously. You would have been ordered home and another faculty person here would have had to have covered the class. Yup. It's happened at least twice a...
My guess is that a jacket, shirt and navy or black pants with "suit-worthy" shoes and nice jewelry would work almost anywhere outside of Mahhattan, Chicago or Boston. Don't do linen though... a) it's a summer fabric b) it will wrinkle!!! and better yet, GOOD LUCK!
I was thinking about this post this evening and had an interesting thought. I think it may be MORE discriminating to allow parents to have additional time off. Maybe it's a naive assumption from a prof, but I think universities are for more than grades and dimplomas, they are about learning and growing. I know, when you are in the midst of all the crap that can go on in a university , you just want the diploma, and I GET that.. but I HOPE it's more than that to my...
Nursing while preg can HURT!! And in my estimation, it is COMPLETELY unrelated to pain in nursing a newborn. I had no pain nursing either newborn. But while nursing while pregnant? I cried every time. Don't worry about the baby!! It'll be fine. I nursed my toddler while pregnant until my husband said "what is it that you say everytime a busybody asks you "how long are you going to nurse""? And my answer was "as long as it's beneficial to both of us" and he looked...
Hi. Prof here. You'd be AMAZED at how many students have legit and not-so-legit reasons for missing classes/tests/deadlines! The thing is that they are actually ALL legitimate. To YOU (and me, btw) a sick child is paramount. To one of my students, who wanted to go into politics? The most important thing she could imagine was going on the campaign trail for a week with a political candidate. A sick parent? Mom in rehab? Tiddliwinks fesitval? Religious...