or Connect

Posts by lerlerler

I can see someone seeing this as "size"ist. But believe me, it was never my intent to look at the jean size, then look at the username and say "hey, mamato12, is HUGE". I actually never even read the names when I read the sizes. Just getting the general jist of sizes... Could it be size-ist? sure. But also be aware that here on MDC, there are probably more people who see big mama boobs and bellys as fabulous baby pillows and may be secretly envying those...
Wedding size - 12 Fertility Issues making me stress and eat - size 14-16 TODAY -1 year after baby - 10!! I lost all my preg weight in 18 days... then 20 more. Let's see... 2 more babies should do the trick!
well since sperm lasts no more than 5 days - and most people have at least a 6 day luteal phase(LP) (time after ovulation and before menses) ("normal" is 10-12 days) and at least 6 days between menses and ovulation (12-14 days is more normal) and your eggs are only good for a day or so... it's REALLY difficult to imagine that any live sperm would find a viable egg.
I could never do CIO, I don't believe in it's short term or long term impact. However, since DD will really only nap well on me - and I am trying to work-at-home, I was always fairly jealous of the idea that other people's CIO kids napped on a regular basis, in the crib, on a schedule, for 90 minutes. Not jealous enough to change anything because I love our bond and her happiness but.... jealous because I assumed that their days were easier AFTER they got through the...
I get comments all the time at the market but half the reason I love to sling DD (13 months) is so I can chat with her: "does she talk back to you? "oh, dear, I am sure she doesn't understand" I always smile and say "we have GREAT conversations..."
DD (13 months) has been a nursing fiend for the past few months... nursing every 2 hours or so at night. It had me very drained. I was trying every gentle thing I could think of to no avail. I was getting to the point of being annoyed at her st night I was so tired (I know, not her fault- it was tied to the new teeth and the new mobility- but at 2am it's hard to be reasonable) Last night she slept for 8 straight hours! And I slept 5.5 hours of that.. in a row! ANd...
This may sound "age-ist" and it probably is but it's what I think Age doesn't matter BUT maturity and common phases of life do come into play when it comes to forming friendships. And while maturity comes at any age, it's more common as we develop. I am 39 and have a 13 month old. I tried to join the local MOMs group and it was really hard. Most of the women were in their early 20s and they made me feel so old... I tried to strike up conversations but it was...
*********************************UPDATE I ate tortilla chips and a hot dog for breakfast! DD woke up late, she napped on the way to the mall and after fussing with that dang stroller in the parking lot and pushing her in it for 20 minutes, I remembered that a) SHe hates the stroller unless we are outside b)I hate not being able to chat with her and c) I have a perverse love of being stared at and whispered about while wearing her in my very cool sling..... So...
may motherhood be a wonderful and transforming adventure for her....
-a GOOD mainstream mama though My DD is 13 months old. She has gotten 6 new teeth in the last 6 weeks. She has seperation anxiety and has become a "velcro" baby. She nurses all night (and uses those teeth!) She's still sweet and wonderful but mama is touched out and coming down with a cold... and TIRED. Last night I was so tired of nursing I decided to sleep on the floor next to our bed (we co-sleep) to see if she would go back to sleep if she awoke and only saw...