or Connect

Posts by patience7

Thank for the info! I appreciate the link for the Waldorf school. I think I will look into that. Isn't that funny about the homeschooling thing?  My sister was really excited about homeschooling my nephew and he became really set on going to kindergarden.  So, she sent him to kindergarden and started trying to plan for next year, and all of a sudden he wants to homeschool now!!   half-pigeon, thank you for the breakdown.  We are still trying to figure out what is...
I agree with the several people who mentioned a weekly family meeting to go over things and talk about both good and bad things that have happened through the week.  Everyone gets a chance to talk without interruption.  That way, everyone gets back a little bit of the control that it sounds like you have all lost.    Hugs to you and your little ones.  It sounds so difficult what you have gone through. I agree with trying to get breaks (I have heard that boxing...
Hi! We are trying for our 3rd.  I have a 6yr. old and a 2 1/2 year old.  It was difficult to get pregnant the 2nd time and is proving to be the same this time around. :( But, I have just started juicing again and drinking wheatgrass shots everyday along with visualization (not so great at that) to try and help.  I read the book "Inconceivable"  by Julia I. and loved it. I have been doing acupuncture and herbs too, just taking a break from that.     Good luck in...
Hope you get a BFP!
Hi All! I just wanted to introduce myself!  Myself, husband and 2 children will be moving from Portland, OR to the Cleveland area later this summer.  We are moving to be closer to my family so will be starting over in the job department.  It is exciting and scary at the same time. We hope to find some crunchy families that we can get to know in the area, so I just wanted to say hi!!   Have a great Memorial Day!
Thanks for all the replies!  I have looked the most at the Hershey Montessori..... it is pricy, but I think it looks pretty great.  I plan on going to see it when we visit in the next month or so.  My husband isn't so sure about the price, and I agree that it may be cost prohibitive, has anyone had any experience with Shaker public schools?  How are they divided up?  Is there just one Shaker elementary school?  Or is it broken up?   Thanks Amy@STL, I will look into...
Hi! I have looked at Ruffing Montessori, but think it is a little (or a lot) out of our price range. We are leaning towards private school, but if I found a great public or charter school, I would think about that. I am interested in Tremont Montessori, but am a little worried about demographics, and I also think that The Intergenerational School looks neat.  The one that I am most interested in and have kind of fallen in love with is Hershey Montessori.  It is out by...
Neither have I!  I was hoping that someone on here had some info! :)
Will do!  Hope that someone sees this and comments! :)
Hi!   I am in the Portland area and am looking for a chicken pox "party".  If anyone knows of chicken pox going around in Portland or surrounding area, I would love to expose my son.  Thanks!