or Connect

Posts by sweet.p

Here are some details about what I tell or write to clients who request about my services as a postpartum doula.    I have extensive training and experience in mother and infant care, lactation support, infant massage, infant development, care of multiples, postpartum mood disorder, and family transitions.   I'm there to teach and assist with breastfeeding, maternal postnatal and newborn care and helping you and your partner learn to read your baby’s cues for...
Did the client post the review on a public review board like Google, YELP or Urban Babies yet? Go look. Do you feel she is going in that direction?   What has she indicated the reasons for writing this email to you? Does she want a refund?   What does she want you to do to rectify the situation. Have you apologized to her yet?   Given her a refund?        
Your friends only experience has been her two births in a hospital, and she is leaping to an unassisted birth, but wants you for security a "friend who is a doula".  Not a good idea.     I would advise her to first explore and meet the homebirth midwifes in her area.  The Homebirth midwifes i know are all philosophically Very different then a *hospital* midwife who is stuck and bound to following hospital policies.
Amy,  That is really fantastic for your clients.  It's not happening for my clients. I'm assuming you're not a RN or hold any type of licenced credential, just a "doula".   BC/BS has called me and asked if I was a RN.   
  I agree with you,It's crazy for them to do it that way. Maybe it's the way they interact in the body together.   I would just list stuff separately. As If you had it all in separate piles on your plate, then ate it. It would then be separate points.  .   I'm life time member, and years ago on WW if you ate your cereal with skim milk it became a Protein, which was annoying because we used to a have a set  amount of protein you had to follow for the day. Instead of it...
I prepaid online and now have access to all the tools. I have not been to WW in three years. I started again as they rolled out the +Points. the online tools is really amazingly useful. I was resisting because they gather so much info, and they have a rotten privacy policy for our info, that is NOT in favor of us the consumer.   All that targeted pharmaceutical advertising  following me around that site now.   But the tools are useful. I'm having a pretty good...
Hi Amy, WOW, that is great.  I'm curious, do you know which health insurance company? You are sure it was from a HMO not their flex spending account? Was this for postpartum or labor?  Do you know how much they got back?   Sorry for all the questions,  but its been impossible for my clients to get reimbursed.  If they have flex spending accounts, they are have always been able to withdraw money from that account with my invoice for postpartum doula care, but that's their...
  Please join Ina May Gaskin, Barbara Katz Rothman and all supporters of women's free birth choices, in our celebration of Hungarian women's accomplishment to legalize home birth and in our demonstration to demand the release of Agnes. We want all charges against home birth midwives dropped: Peaceful demonstration to free Agnes and to celebrate the legalization of home birth assistance in front of the Hungarian Consulate in New York City on  Monday December...
  Please join Ina May Gaskin, Barbara Katz Rothman and all supporters of women's free birth choices, in our celebration of Hungarian women's accomplishment to legalize home birth and in our demonstration to demand the release of Agnes. We want all charges against home birth midwives dropped: Peaceful demonstration to free Agnes and to celebrate the legalization of home birth assistance in front of the Hungarian Consulate in New York City on  Monday December...
  I have a similar approach, little treat after dinner. Used to be an ice pop. But now that fruit is ZERO i mght eat berries with a shake of powdered sugar.