or Connect

Posts by GoodFairy

I am into my second year of hot flushes as a result of menopause (I'm 49) and have really had enough. The doctors aren't able to offer any help because I'm a smoker and have Factor 5 blood clotting issues so HRT is not an option. I've tried many, many herbal medicines and vitamins and fish oil and flax oil etc etc but they cost a fortune and just don't stop the flushes. Doctors have also warned me against some of the chinese herbal ingredients the natural remedies include...
A huge thank you for all your best wishes. You are a beautiful and caring community. I've been in a very dark place since my last post. My Chemo oncologist visit did not go well. He was very matter of fact and began the appointment by telling me that "I was incurable" and that in his words "the horse has bolted and we can't stop it". He said the best he could do was try and slow it down for a year or two but even then he was not hopeful. If I had discovered it earlier when...
Gulp. After being healthy all my life (I'm 48), last week the doctors found long standing rectal cancer that has spread into all of the lymph glands in my pelvis and has also travelled to the lymph glands above my sternum. They said surgery was not an option yet, that I must do radiotherapy and chemotherapy simultaneously first (chemo because some abdominal organs are too close to be safe for radiotherapy) to stop the spread and hopefully shrink what's there. Has anyone...
Awesome advice ladies. I love this community. : Soooo pleased to know about not using straws. Sincere thanks,I was starting to panic about what I was going to do but feel but more able to cope now I have some more ideas.
My son is having all 4 wisdom teeth out this week and I am looking for ideas about what to give him to eat afterwards. I've thought of clear soup broth through a straw and very soft mashed potato but then I'm stumped. I imagine he will need "special food" for at least a week, maybe two. Has anyone else faced this problem before? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks heaps!
Hi Mamas, I have just started menopause and hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to hopefully stop or lessen the unbearable hot flushes. (I tried a lot of natural remedies from the health stores that didn't help at all). My query is - is this HRT just delaying me going through menopause until I stop taking it or is my body still going through normal menopause processess and the HRT is masking it (like taking a tylenol to cover a headache that is going on anyway but the...
OMG I just did a big reply to you and lost it somehow. I hope it doesn't show up or I will look silly repeating myself. I totally understand your situation and you have my support. We have had many Korean students stay with us and I can say without a doubt that there ARE very different cultural differences, regarding their sleeping and waking habits. Without exception, they stay up very late at night, every night and into the early hours of the morning. They snatch a few...
Thanks mamas, That has really given me some great information. I'll post what I decide after I see the doctor and how it works out.
Only because I'm sick of having to deal with it every month. If I was still considering child bearing then I wouldn't mind so much but I had my tubes tied about 5 years ago and am now 45 so I'm way past the idea of more kids. After 32 years of it 12 times a year I've had enough.
I was going to post this in health but the sub forums there did not apply..... I'm 45, have two teenagers and have had my tubes tied. I'm over having Aunty Flo every month and as I do not plan on having any more children I don't see why I should have to. I don't want to go as radical as a hysterectomy and have no idea what is actually out there for people that feel the same way as I do. I've heard that contraceptive methods are available now that stop periods for 5...