or Connect

Posts by Eeyore35

I don't think  you are a pedophile, but checking your daughter's breasts isn't appropriate unless she has a concern and asks you to. It just isn't. Respect her privacy. I wish someone had told my mom this, and i wish she she had listened.   And I agree with everyone lese who has said you are telling her her opionion on her body doesn't matter etc.   Violating your daughter's privacy can damage your realtionship with her forever. i speak from experience.
I used gripe water with my daughter, and I think it helped. Belly massage, and bicycling her legs really helped too though. My dd didnt have too many problems with gas, and hardly at all after about 2 months. If she had a really rough time, I also would put a warm cloth on her tummy. That seemed to help too. Oh, I do remember having trouble finding alcohol-free gripe water.   My daughter is 5 now, and for stomach pain, i use a tbs. or so of olive oil and add a couple...
The first time I have my ears done, I was 20, and went to Merle Norman. It was bad. It really hurt, and one of the holes was...crooked...like, I had a hard time getting an earring in it, even weeks later. They kept getting infected, and I finally gave up.   A few years later, I got them redone at Claire's. it hurt, but otherwise, no problem. I did find I could only wear their nickel-free errings. But, once I started buying earrings elsewhere, no problems!   My...
I worried i would have a fast labour. (I was GBS+ and needed antibiotics starting 4 hours before birth.) I worried b/c my mom had fast labours. She was induced with my brother-I think it took about 4 hours, alltogether. They ruptured her membranes around 10am, and he was born around 1:30-2pm, I think. With me, I'd say it all happened within an 1-1/2. She wasn't induced.   I needn't have worried. 20+ hours of back labour and I ended up needing a c-section.  I wasn't...
Um, girls get teased a lot, too. And it's worse. When a boy's voice changes, yeah, there might be soem jokes ofr a year or 2. And i"m not saying that it s ok, but it is a stage. It passes. breasts are there to stay. And for a girl, well, her father  is suddenly uncomfortable around her, other male relatves tease. In my case,my male cousins kept asking to "see them" , my grandfather made up nicknames, and talked about how I was bigger than my mom. Sure, my male cousin got...
Well, my 20's were mostly good physically. Better than my teens. But, i was in a horribly "relationship" for most of my 20's-emtionally and sexually abusive. So that was pretty awful.   I gave birth to my daughter just before I was 31. And about the time she was 2, my health went downhill.   Emotionally, i am better now. I am working thru a bunch of childhood issues etc. But physically? Not good. Migraines are more frequent, pmdd, TMJ, osteoarthritis, (have had...
   I remember a piano recital/school concert from when I was about 14 where one of the acts was a young boy in black face singing Jimmy Crack Corn. I didn't find it offensive as I knew nothing about the history behind him  dressing that way. I thought it was just a costume. Sadly, many of the adults have known the history, I think, and wouldn't have cared. It was a tiny rural community, and not exactly multicultural. there were people who had lived there there whole...
I don't have a problem with it,really, but it isn't a song I've sung to my daughter either.   I also have had no problem so far reading the Little House books to my 5 yr old. We have talked about why "ma" hated Indians. I do have to change one thing in the books...I call it Rye'n' Indian bread...just can't read it as written.  
I take amerge, (naratriptan) and it works well. The earlier I take it, the better. I've ended up in hte ER twice. The first time, I got gravol & morphine...man i LOVED the morphine, but  morphine IV isn't a home treatment option...2nd time in the ER I just got Tordol. It worked, but didn't send me to my happy place like morphone, lol.   Anyhow, usually, I manage at home. If I don't catch it before the pain starts to get bad, I take tylenol 3, and if I feel at all...
On the first part,yeah, that sounds right. The weight part, I'd heard that too, but i was around 80 lbs when I got my period at 13.5. I didn't hit 100 lbs until  about a year later. And I had a friend who I don't think hit 100 lbs until she was pregnant wth her first child.