or Connect

Posts by Weisabunny

First baby - 17 minutes.  She was 10.6 lbs.  I woke at 5 am with lower back pressure, drove 45 mins to closest birthing center at 5 pm, I was 7 centimeters dialated, got into the tub, labored another 2.5 hrs, pushed 17 minutes.  Was lovely and peaceful.  For me anyway.  The cord was wrapped around her neck, she was just fine but I wonder what it was like for her spiritually.    Second baby - maybe one minute.  He was 9/14 lbs.  I woke at 4 am sweating.  One 'intense'...
Hey y'all,   I searched, I coulda sworn there was a sub group for emotional eating... couldn't find it.    I'm addicted to sugar, first choice ice cream.  I've done a lot of work on myself and around this and honestly it seems to have a bigger grip on me than ever.  Seven months ago I pulled my back (again) really badly.  Since then I feel like I got knocked off my healthy eating, working out track and walked away from it.  I've been eating like I did when I was...
Um... I guess I'm a minority here .   My dd is 8 and my son is 6 yrs old.  I still wipe both of them   I guess it's just me.  My daughter refused (not freaking out, just whenever I talked to her about it she would get whinny, ask me to do it repeatedly), saying she got poop on her hand once.   That happened probably 3 years ago =).  And my son, his poop, sorry to be graphic, but it sometimes requires a few wipes to get it all.  (yes, I worry about his digestion a...
Hey, me again, I just also noticed the title of your post and that you mentioned the word respect again in your post.    Well, I think it's safe to bet my life that my MIL thinks I should get a job (since she's implied it to me and flat out told my husband several times) and thinks I should do most of what I do differently.  Maybe your MIL is the same.    Respect.  Honestly, this might sound corny.  But we don't need anyone else's respect.  Would it be nice, heck...
I opened this thread because I thought I wrote it =).   I feel you!!! My kids are 6 and 8 yrs old, I haven't worked a day, ha!!!!!!!! Let me refrazzzzzzze that!  I haven't gotten a pay check in 8 years.  I worked very hard from age 15 to 31 yrs old when I gave birth.  THIS is the hardest job I ever had!  I LOVE being home with the kids, I want to be there for them, and it presents so many challenges for me over the years.  Just my own stuff really, I wish I were able...
Hi all,   My son is a raising 1st grader and my daughter is a raising 3rd grader.  We are also moving (7 miles away) this summer, ha!  Lots of changes for our family.    My daughter visited Waldorf for 3 days.  She said the math was easy and the Spanish was very hard.   I am not surprised by this, knowing her previous school.  I'm not 'worried' about her academics big picture, I do want to help her transition be as smooth as possible.   I have heard catching...
I LOVE these!  Have been using them for about 3 years.  I even got the kids school (dd going into 2nd and son into kinder) to sell them.  I are plastic, not ideal, but this works for our family.  I don't have to keep track of 10 pieces and it goes in the dishwasher.  AND it helps me organize with the 3 compartments.  Her blog or FB page has LOTS of great ideas!    For me, I do BEST when I put leftovers (approved of course ) directly into the container as I'm...
Hi all,   just found this thread... Would y'all recommend this to a 38 yro, female (me ), exercise on average 3-4 times per week, eat 'well' (lots of veggies, oatmeal, green smoothies, brown rice), addicted to sugar (ice cream, dark choc), have had flare ups with emotional eating, and have around 35 lbs to loose.  Oh, and i had adrenal fatigue 2 yrs ago, I feel better/less tired all the time now but would describe myself as more tired than the average person.  ...
Wow that is so incredible you passed gall bladder stones! I don't know anything about that but I'm sure docs would love to have go into surgery or something! Well done you!!!! You have a lot going on with all the sweet kiddos! I have 2 myself. Fall 2009 one morning I woke up and my foot hurt, no more walking for exercise for me. That took 6 months to heal. Then I pulled my back, took 9 months to heal. Then I got SUPER tired and irritable. Took several months...
Hi all, I'm a mama to two. I want to loose 20 lbs and I want to work out *consistently* 4 times per week. I keep yoyoing the same 5 lbs, I get it off then 'reward' myself and its back on. I work out consistently several times per week for 3 months or so, start to feel sooo much better, then one thing or another knocks me off track and I don't work out again for 5 months. I feel yucky in my own skin. After the birth of my first I went to WW and the weight FELL...