or Connect

Posts by wennerk

Hi! Welcome to the area!  I currently live in Scranton and belong to our local chapter of the Holistic Moms Network (the Wyoming Valley chapter).  We meet the first Thursday of every month at 5:30 if you're interested in meeting other moms.   As for doctors, we take our daughter to Dr. Greulick up in Dallas.  She's open to alternative vaccine schedules and is fine with non-vaccinated children.  While she will tell you what she recommends, she doesn't push it on...
Has anyone ever received any info about this?  I haven't heard anything, and was wondering if it is still going to happen.
I'll check into them.  Thanks desertrose!
While I can agree with you on it being a great deal for those magazines digitally...it is ONLY a great deal if you read magazines that way.  I, however, do not.  I still haven't touched my last two issues of Mothering that sit in an e-mail folder.  I can't stand sitting at my computer (and don't have any other device on which to do so) and reading a magazine.  Call me old-fashioned, but I like holding the magazine in my hands.  Plus, like you said, you could print it...
I did finally get my issue.  It arrived somewhere around the 20th of August.  However, mine had no code on it like Selkat refers to.  Instead I had a "Last issue" notice stamped across the envelope.  My mom had renewed a Mothering subscription for me, which expired this month.  *sigh*  I like Natural Life and the fact that it is reader-supported, but $39 is a bit steep for me to continue at the moment (or ask my mom to do for me).  Are there any other good substitutes...
I, too, would love information about it.  wennerk@yahoo.com  Thanks!
Ok, so write to the company again to ask where subscription is.  Got it.  Thanks for the replies.  Yeah, I was very mad at Mothering for the way they ended their publication, but I never directed it at Natural Life.  They were trying to do us a favor.  No, it's not the best magazine in the world, but it is something to hold in my hands that's not electronic and fits with the way I'm trying to live my life.  (Of course, I won't tell the editors of NL that it's just an...
Has anyone received this issue yet?  Being that it's August 9, I'm a little concerned that I haven't received it yet. I already wrote to their circulation department in May to see when I was getting that issue.  I thought I'd post here first and see if they're just slow in mailing them out before I go bugging them again this time around.  I did get my May/June issue, albeit in late June.  So maybe this is just par for the course with them?  But, like I saw on other...
Hey Ladies, Thanks for all of your input.  I finally realized that one big change was that since I was home every day during the summer (unlike teaching every morning during the school year), I wasn't keeping to my regular school year schedule.  During the school year, cleaning out the litter box each morning was part of my routine.  As soon as I was home during the summer and not on the same schedule, that fell by the wayside.  So, that's my first step - keep it...
Yes, there had been a change in schedule...we were gone both this weekend and last weekend.  So, she was home alone and didn't have the litter box changed during that time.  I thought the bathroom door was shut before we left for the weekend, but, no, it wasn't and we came home to a present.  You're right, at least it's easy to clean.  However, now I have to deal with a DH who's at his wit's end with the cat and ready to send her to the SPCA.  So, I guess I'll be...