or Connect

Posts by BarefootGirl

Our bed is about 18in high.  We could've used the Arms Reach Universal, but I got a good deal on the mini.  We thought about cutting the legs a bit shorter somehow, but I want to be able to resell when we are done with it.  So we just put it right next to the wall and pushed the bed up against it.  We're basically using it as a bassinet but it's still right there next to me.  But most of the time DS is in bed with us anyhow.  What you could do is get the Universal and...
We've been cosleeping with our 4 month old since birth.  From about 4 weeks on (once we found a swaddle blanket that would hold him), we have all slept great.  He woke up several times a night to nurse of course, but once he was done he would go right back to sleep.  At about 3 months old he outgrew the swaddle blanket and we couldn't find another the right size but after a few restless nights he slept fine unswaddled.   Fast-forward a few weeks - he started rolling...
Bump and adding my email in case I don't check back here often enough: lifecirclesnecklaces@yahoo.com   I also started a yahoo group: auburnnaturalmamas@yahoogroups.com    
I bought a bunch of nursing tanks and fitted V-neck Ts from Target.  I can mix and match the colors and they go with any of my casual pants.  (This is also what I wear to work over my scrub pants - I'm an admin assistant in a doctor's office.)  I am pretty small, so the nursing tanks are enough support for me.  I just pull the T-shirt top up and unclasp the tank to nurse or pump.  When nursing I pull the T up and the tank down just enough to let DS in.  It's very...
What are the pros/cons to giving a pacifier? I hadn’t planned on introducing it, but my unknowing sister gave us a pack of them and in a night of desperation during the first month, we let him have it.  He is now 16 weeks old and uses it some, but isn’t terribly attached to it.  They do give it to him at daycare pretty often (he is there part-time) and DH gives it to him a good bit.  But I myself almost never give it to him.  (Maybe hat’s cuase I can pop a boob in his...
I am looking for natural-minded mamas in the Auburn, AL area.  PM me if you want to meet!
I gave birth at Doctors Hospital in Columbus, GA.  I had been seeing a midwife at Trinity Center for women on Warm Springs Rd.  All 3 midwives are great - Julie attended my birth.  The hospital is very natural birth friendly and followed my birth plan.  Everything was how I had hoped except that my labor progressed so fast that ther was no time to set up the birth tub, but I can't complain about that ;-)  PM me for more info.   Also - if anyone in the area needs a...
I have a blog I started pretty recently www.musingsofabarefootgirl.blogspot.com It's kind of a mishmash of natural living topic and personal baby stuff.  I haven't been keeping up with reading many blogs lately, but one of my favorites is www.crunchydomesticgoddess.com. 
If you DO decide you just can't take the nighttime nursing, try pumping during the day so you can at least give breastmilk in the bottles at night - sooo much better than formula.  But try not to stress about watching the clock.  My DS has really never nursed more than about 5-10 minutes at a time, but he is a chunk!  Some of them are just really efficient.  Keep a count on wet diapers and weigh her occasionally if you can.  5 or 10 or 20 minutes of nursing really...
My DS has been in daycare part-time since 10 weeks old and he is 15 weeks old now.  He is usually there about 6 hours.  He gets one bottle of pumped milk in the morning and I go by to nurse him midway between the morning bottle and the time I pick him up in the afternoon.  I send a couple ounces in a second bottle for the afternoon in case he can't wait.  At the beginning he almost always wanted that second bottle but now he almost always waits for me   I was worried...