or Connect

Posts by AGF

So maybe I am crazy but I actually might think that having a two year old and a baby might be just as hard as twins?  I've always felt like I was kind of lucky to do the same thing twice than tend to two totally different sets of needs (obviously I don't mean neglecting preference or individual needs, just general phases of care-- diapers, food prep, etc.)  Also, I LOVE that they play together all the time.  My nephew is reliant on my sister to play all day and it sends...
So just to make sure I understand, you need to be at the dinner table to help your son get through the meal and it is important to you to have a family meal AND it is difficult for you to leave the house between the end of dinner and bed because you nurse your daughter frequently during that time?   If that is the case then I too have a tendency to overeat at dinner but would be fine if I weren't sitting at the table eating with everyone (meaning im not really that...
So glad he likes it! And if you have a hair scarf, you can tie it on him for a sling for 'little brother' -- one of my little guys thought that was the best!    
Hi! This may sound really simplistic but what about reinforcing over and over again things that he can do.  Hold his hands! Tickle his feet! Hands and Feet! Soft touches!  It always helps me to try and redirect to positive play than what they can't do.  If he hits his baby siblings face or pokes, I would say to look him in the eyes, tell him no, and move his hands gently to his siblings body rather than removing him all together. Have him find you things for the baby (a...
  My husband has Cluster Headaches  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_headache)  and sometimes what we consider around here to be a normal migraine.  Here are some things that work for him. 1) Imitrex stat dose -- its the shot you give yourself with a pen.  The Imitrex tablet does nothing for him.  Apparently, it is not pleasant and you can not use it more than twice a day but it provides him relief.  Now is a generic. 2) A high flow of oxygen at onset.  We...
1) one of those clip fans on the bed (even during the winter) the air flow on her face and the sound helped a friends kid to "turn off" her thoughts to help her sleep and 2) A white noise machine?   The hammock sounds good to me too!
I agree that was unnecessary.    Maybe saying I don't want to have twins because of the stretch marks is a little "ok get over it" but not getting the birth you envisioned is a whole lot more than being "whiny and self centered".  For some of us, twins are the only birth experience we will have and I think it is perfectly valid to have those feelings of loss.  Giving birth is the one of the most momentous occasions in life and having feelings or ideas about how you...
I formula fed my boys. I had one weirdo nipple and one baby who could not latch to it. The breast he could latch onto produced half the milk as the weirdo one. My other son was a great nurser and would nurse for 45 minutes at a time. I had a really strange physiological reaction (extreme heat up the neck and ears, nausea) when i tried to nurse them in tandem. And in the time I spent pumping (you know in the 1 hour I had between feedings) I felt insane. SO after seven...
Me! My twins were conceived the day following AF.
Another good one! I was just telling a friend the other day that everytime I say I had the luckiest, healthiest twin pregnancy I feel like I am jinxing something, until I realized that it happened and nothing can change that! I was walking to and from the train and working up until 34 weeks and had two healthy boys at 38 weeks weighing 7.9 and 7.15. AND i scrubbed my tub the night before they were born. BEST to you and your family!