or Connect

Posts by Momo123

I don't think she posts here anymore, has not in a long while...
I'm so sorry! I get a lot of plugged ducts too, but in different spots. I think mine gets worse from pumping (I work full-time) but I can't stop yet so... Not sure if you have ever used cell salts but calc fluor is supposed to help. I have been taking it religiously and while it has not gone away completely it does seem to help the duration of them if I do get it. Lots of sympathies :)
Are you sure you have low supply? If he is having plenty of pee diapers and growing, then maybe he is mad that your let down doesn't happen as fast as when he starts sucking from a bottle? Are you using a slow flow nipple so it's not pouring into his mouth? I'm not sure how many times you are pumping while you are away but 4 oz from both sides sounds okay, that's what I usually get pumping every 3 hours at work. He takes 3 4 oz bottles at daycare plus solids (he is almost...
I started my DS2 late too (around 9 months). He preferred sweeter tasting veggies over avocado, broccoli etc. so I tried sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots and the like first. Perhaps keep trying different things to see what he likes? He also gagged a lot at first but is eating much better now and learning to chew/mash foods in his mouth. If you are wanting to add good fats, maybe offer some coconut oil on a spoon or have him lick it off a clean finger? I eventually...
I definitely see the upper lip tie. I can't really see the cavity in the photo but upper lip ties can cause cavities in the upper front teeth because the milk tends to pool there. There are past threads about this that describes it in more detail. Here's one: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1291167/project-stop-the-cavities
What about vitamin D? Being low affects your immune system, especially in winter time where you can't get enough sun in certain parts of the country. You can get a blood draw to check, or you can just start supplementing to see if you notice a difference. There are lots of past threads about vitamin D and how much to take for adults and kids.
If you do a search, there is a lot of information in the archives about ear infections and natural ways to treat them. Does your daughter drink cow's milk at all? One thing that comes up frequently you might try (if you haven't already tried) is cutting out dairy for both of you since you are still nursing. Another common remedy is onion juice or garlic oil in the ear but those might not help since the ear infection is way past the beginning stage. Another thing that...
Wow! $400 is a lot! Mine was $175 for the first session and $100 for all other visits and I live in a pretty high cost of living area. I also had a c-section and went before my 2nd pregnancy but as I mentioned, I got pregnant right away so only had 2-3 sessions. My uterus was out of place but not sure if that was due to the c-section...
I had a few sessions, but became pregnant so had to stop. Not sure if I was able to get any benefits from the few sessions. It was very relaxing and she would massage the lower abdominal/pelvic area and then my lower back. she could tell by feeling from the outside where my uterus was and what shape it was in, very interesting. She also taught me a modified version of the massage to do every night at home which was great, so you could certainly try a few sessions and...
I am one who has to stay on it the whole time I'm nursing but I have a low supply issue (took it with my 1st and now with my 2nd). When I try to drop the dosage, I feel the impact right away. But I know others have taken it then weaned off slowly. I think a lot depends on why the milk supply is low. Dr. Newman has a good description if you haven't seen it, he says to give it 4-6 weeks to see if it works. http://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/content.php?pagename=doc-DGS