or Connect

Posts by JL83

Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewsMother It is brutal and inhumane. Life is sacred, and childhood is short. He has a lifetime to learn of the evils of the world. There is nothing wrong with choosing to foster and protect the innocence of a child. Killing things is part of life. My DD1 is 3.5yo and knows about the concept. She knows that the meat she eat came from a live animal which was killed so that she and us could eat it. The fact...
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewsMother You are right, he is a little boy, and little boys should not speak of killing anything or cutting anything but paper. Why not?
I've been wearing DD2 on my back (high back carry mostly) since she was 4 weeks old. It's perfectly safe. I prefer a mei-tei for it. I find it easier to get her in nice and secure. I make sure to walk past the mirror in the hall frequently while doing stuff with her back there.
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 That may be true, but she has to continue living near those people unless she moves. You don't want kids who hate you living nearby. That's how you get your house egged on Halloween. So you shouldn't report illegal behavior for fear of more illegal behavior? That's really messed up.
My DD2 is 3.5mo and DD1 is 3.5yo. DH takes care of his children every week or two while I get some alone time. I pump a couple ounces every day for a freezer stash (I have strong let down, so I take the top off so that DD's happier to nurse). I definately leave DD2 alot more than I left DD1. DD1 was much more of a "mama's girl". There were many times when I was home and I was the only one who could comfort her. So, it was less likely for it to be a happy...
1) I think it's great when you find people who are happy to parent in a similar manner to you. I've tried to get to know alot of people on my parenting journey. The only people who seem to "stick" are those who parent similarly. The fact that the other dad handled it the way you did is a plus. 2) I also think it's great when other parents can deal with the minor things when they happen rather than having to involve all the adults. There are a group of us who are now...
Quote: Originally Posted by buttercup784ever Right, but at what cost? Even if the cops come out and tell them to stop, and by some miracle they DO stop, the relationship between them would be damaged. I would be very uncomfortable living near people who hate me! Do people really care that much what their neighbors think of them? I don't think I'd care very much about keeping a relationship with people who let their kids break the law and...
[QUOTE=mamadelbosque;15364639]I just don't think some of you understand what its like to live in the country on dirt roads. ATVs are how people get around. Yes, technically it may be illegal to drive on the road with them, however, in some circumstances it is legal - for farming purposes, for example. /QUOTE] I spent every summer for 7 years working on a ranch in the country. I think I have a decent idea of what it's like. Riding ATVs on public roads is done for...
Quote: Originally Posted by buttercup784ever JL83- In this case I think you are right...the neighbors are probably breaking the law by using the road like they are. But if you call the police in this situation, especially over and over again, how is that going to effect the OP's relationship with them? Technically you would be "right", but at what cost? I hate to quote Dr. Phil, but do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?...
Quote: Originally Posted by NiteNicole I don't think you understand - no one is going to enforce this. They are wrong, it might not even be illegal but where I live at least, no one at all is going to go charging out there and make them put on a helmet and slow down. Call the police, tal to the parents, by all means, the OP can try it. She is within her rights. And they are in the wrong. But I can't imagine anyone enforcing any of this. Like I...