or Connect

Posts by JL83

Personally, I would take the other approach. You can't control what other people do, only what you (and your son) do. So I would teach your son that those things aren't appropriate to say. It only matters what you think is "appropriate" for your own family. I don't think you'll get very far trying to cast judgment on what other people do and let their kids say and do.
Quote: Originally Posted by CarrieMF not necessarily. Alot of country houses are now just acreages, not quarter-half sections of land, with 2-3 acres. If they do have more land they could have crops in the field which you can't drive through. Then too bad for them... Just because they don't have their own land to ride those things doesn't mean they get to just use whatever space they feel like. The actual road is not an appropriate place...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamaheids No- though it is on my list! Any helpful tidbits that apply here that you would like to share? (I'm in the middle of 3 books currently) Nothing in particular... Just that the author goes on at great length to say that the very act of saying "be careful" will disrupt a child's sense of continuum and cause them to hurt themself. She uses examples of small children in a "village" being left unsupervised...
I take it you've never read the "AP Bible" AKA "The Continuum Concept"... (Please note - I don't actually think that the TCC is the AP bible, but many people do)
I would call the cops every time. I can't imagine it's legal to ride those things on an actual road (it's not here anyway). Off road vehicles generally aren't allowed on public roads. If they live in the country too, they have plenty of their own land to ride those things.
I think you need to remember that people do parent differently. We're super AP. But, we'd long since gotten rid of the baby gates by the time DD1 was 19 months. By that age she knew how to go up and down them with no problems. I seem to remember taking down the baby gates when she was ~12 months. We only put them up because she was a super early walker and would walk off things. We also don't have any latches or other "baby proofing" things. I think they are...
Do it. Don't let the idea of getting away for a break become more than it is in your head. Remember that many people are away from their children all day every day. My DD started daycare at 19 months. She was exhausted when I picked her up, but entirely fine. She had been nursing multiple times a day at that time and nothing changes with that. I did my first over night away from her at about that time too. She stayed with DH and did just fine.
I've read through the "Life after Waldorf" thread before. That's part of why I'm questioning things. The Waldorf school here is actually part of the public school system. So they are required to follow the curriculum. If we stayed for elementary (which isn't very likely unless DD loved it), they would have to at least teach her to read at the right times and stuff.
I was thinking about it more. She's often really intense. She's very definitely an extrovert and will drain introverts. I'm an extrovert and I'm exhausted staying home with her all day.
It sounds like you haven't seen the kind of rooms we have here. It's not like you're sitting right next to stalls. Normally, you walk into the first door of the large restroom and off to one side is a separate room with comfy chairs and stuff for nursing women. Then, if you continue into the restroom you'll find the other things. Is it possible to get some clarification on what the layout of the restroom in question is? The ones I've seen are actually kind of...